Chapter 13

Mikaela

As soon as I heard those words, I gently grabbed Brie's arm and shifted it out of my face- unblocking my view.

There in front of me, he stood. Although I hadn't seen him in over 10 years, he had barely aged and it was definitely my father.

He gave me a small smile as he stood there with his hands buried in his jacket pocket.

"I-" he began, but I swiftly shut the door in his face before pressing my back up against it. Still in shock that my father was at my doorstep!

"Mommy who is that?" Brie asked me as I put her down and grabbed my phone to call August.

I didn't know what to do at this point but I had to tell him, that was sure.

************
August

"You're late," Noelle said as I walked into the hotel room.

"flight was delayed, blame them," Big T said to her as he placed our bags in the corner of the room

"Well since you guys were, I went and put together you're outfit for this interview...when you get back we can work on what you'll be wearing tonight," she explained as she messaged away on ha blackberry.

"Balmain sneakers? Where'd ya get those?" I asked as I picked up da shoes and studied em.

My phone began ringin off da side table I had just dropped it on. I turned around ta get it but Noelle stopped me

"Would you please go get dressed, you're already late- as usual" she snapped

Big T chuckled as I raised ma hands up in defeat. "Check dat out fa me, will ya T?" I told him befo disappearin around da corner with ma outfit.

"It's Monty!" I heard him yell to me while I pulled off ma shirt.

"Go head and answer," I told him as I looked at da shirt and jacket Noelle had chosen.

********************
Mikaela

Brie stood and looked up at me silently as I tapped my fingers frantically awaiting August to answer his phone.

"Hey Monty," Terrance's voice spoke as I let out a small sigh of relief that someone had answered.

"Hey T. Is Aug busy? I really needed to talk to him," I said quickly

"He getting dressed so we can head out to the live outdoor interview he sposed to be doing," T said

"And we're late!" Noelle shouted and added in from the background

"Hold on. Let me see if he already dressed as yet," T said to me

I sighed again, " Uh no. It's alright T"

"You sure?" He questioned

"Yeah you guys are already behind schedule. I'll call back later," I replied him. I knew if I told August what was going on, he probably wouldn't make it to that interview.

"Well aight. Talk to ya later Monty," T said before we ended the call.

"Mikaela," I heard my dad's voice call out for the third time since I shut the door.

"Go away!" I finally yelled back in response.

Brie looked onwards, lost to what was going on.

"Baby, would you go get your sandals? " I said to Abrianna. She nodded before turning around and bolting back up the hallway.

I heard him softly sigh, " Mikaela honey, please. I just want to talk"

"I said to GO AWAY! Get off my property!" I said even more forcefully than the first time.