Chapter 38

"Wait wait Wait wait. A. Minute! Pregnant??" Dawn said as my words caught her way off guard.

"Aren't you on the pill?" She finally asked as I stood there semi panicking at the possibility.

"I was, but I skipped a few times, " I began explaining

Dawn grabbed my hands and lead me to the couch, sitting me down.

"A few months ago August kinda decided he wanted another child, and I didn't mind. After that initial night of skipping it my doctor told me I should ween my body off of it slowly so I shouldn't stop altogether...but take it fewer and far inbetween for a few months. I said I would do that so by the end of the year I would stop taking it altogether if I wasn't pregnant by then" I explained everything.

Dawn exhaled slowly, "okay, how late are you?"

"3 weeks," I said.

She nodded, " I'm gonna set up an appointment for you for tomorrow morning. You want me to tell the bitch nigga myself?"

"No no. Not until after I see the doctor." I quickly answered

"Alright. Don't worry, if you are pregnant we got you" she said as she gave me a small smile.

Although I did want another child this couldn't have been happening at a worse time. My daughter was missing, how long would I have to go through this ordeal if I were pregnant? And though I had hope, what if Brie was gone for longer than I could ever imagine. I wouldn't know how to bring another child into this world with one missing.

I took a deep breath trying to calm my nerves, " God give me strength" I whispered up.

***********
The following morning

"Alright Ms Montgomery can you lay back for me?" My gynecologist requested.

As I did as I was told I began feeling those scary overwhelming feelings I had years ago, when I went to the doctor pregnant with Brie.

I never imagined ever having to feel the anxiety if I were to become pregnant again- yet here I was.

"Alright...." he finally said before looking up at me.

I clasped my hands tightly awaiting what he had to say.

"Okay....You're not pregnant." He said finally

I let out a sigh of relief...things were too disheveled now to be going through a pregnancy on top of it.

"You did mention you were late though," he added

"3 weeks" I specified.

"How long has it been since...." he trailed off but I knew exactly what he was asking.

I looked away as I fought back a few tears.

"She's been gone for 3 and a half weeks now. She hardly eats or gets a full night rest since..." Dawn answered his question when she noticed I couldnt.

"It seems to me that the stress of the situation has caused your missed period. I'm gonna prescribe you some anti-anxiety medication- nothing too strong. Just to help your body cope with everything"

I nodded as I wiped away the building tears with my sleeve.

"Come on Miky," Dawn came over and helped me off the table.

***********
The next day
August

"Thanks for comin out man," I said to Wale as he walked over and gave me a hug.

"It's not a problem at all brother." He said.

He'd flew out ta Atlanta ta help in bringin more awareness to Brie's case
"Aug, " T called me over.