chapter one

3:17am.

she was crying again. michael always heard her cries since the walls were so thin. he could hear her mumbling every night.

but he could never make out the words; he would just wonder why she cried.

he's seen her before. she was stunningly beautiful; maybe a bit too thin for a girl that height, but still beautiful.

and he wondered why a girl so beautiful would cry. girls that beautiful don't have anything to cry about, he always thought.

he usually sat in bed and listened to her cries, not in a creepy sadistic way, but in a way that made him wonder all the time.

8:25am

he barely slept, just like any other night. the girl eventually stopped crying, but he couldn't stop thinking about her.

no, michael does not like the girl from apartment 18a, he's simply curious about her.

so he left a bit earlier to go to work, eating breakfast in less than a minute and showering in less than five.

she always left work at 9:00am. he doesn't know where she works, and he isn't going to follow her. he just wants to talk to her for once.

after all, he's lived next to her for over two years and never spoke to her. not even once. they made eye contact once, and she cracked a small smile, but that's it.

8:55am

he grabbed his bag, the one he takes to work, and opened his door, just in time to the the beautiful girl lock her door as she left her house.

honestly, she was gorgeous. her long brown hair and her golden brown eyes. how can you not stare?

michael looked at her as she looked up. and she smiled, again. it seemed like the same smile as the one long ago.

after eye contact for ten seconds, he decided to speak a word as he stared at her pretty eyes.

"hello."

-

okay so
this character was supposed to describe me...... but it's gonna be ariana instead, same name too. :):):)

thoughts?