Sora grimaced. "Sorry. That just 'slipped' out," she said, laying stress on the verb. Akashi blinked and looking like he was preparing for a sharp comeback. He finally seemed to decide against it and they both were left fuming alone in silence. Both of them heard a few thumping sounds followed by the door to the court opening. It was a hotel employee who had come to clean and lock up. He was surprised to find them both sitting there.

"Oi, clear off! You'll be locked in if you don't. I'm going to clean the place and bolt the door whether you like it or not, kids--"

"Don't call me 'kid'," said Akashi pointedly, "I need you to check the courts thoroughly when you lock up today. There will be an idiot practicing late in one of them. Don't lock him in by mistake. Understood?"

The man paused, momentarily stumped by the confidence with which Akashi addressed him. "Uh..." But soon, he seemed to snap out of it and walked out, muttering something about 'kids these days'.

"Move," said Akashi, looking at nothing in particular. Sora was about to refuse when her curiosity won.

"Idiot?" she said.

"Ryouta," said Akashi nonchalantly, "He lost. He would probably be practicing now to take the sting out of the loss."

Sora felt a bit guilty about being annoyed with the boys a bit earlier. They seemed to be giving it their all in their own way. Even Aomine. What interested her was the person in front. Judging from what happened a few minutes ago, he cared about his team so much that he could predict their intentions with a great degree of accuracy. On the other hand, he did everything to give them a hard time. How come he was allowed to care and not care at the same time?

"Wait," she said.

Akashi paused a few steps away.

"How come you are always right? You've been on a huge streak, I admit. But can you really win, even if you don't feel anything? Do you ever feel happy about it? Why do you play?" she said.

"I just am. And, yes, you can," came the brief reply, " And the other things are irrelevant. "

"But--"

"Those are just questions that plague those who don't win. Victory is everything. Winners are absolute. Losers are denied completely."

"So that is what drives you on?" she said.

"What about you then?" he challenged.

"I don't know..." said Sora, "But, I'm still trying to find the answer--"

"There is only one answer. You are just too stubborn to admit it."

"Would he say the same?" said Sora quietly and regretted it almost instantly. Akashi tensed and his gold eye seemed to shimmer lightly.

"Who?" he said.

"It's getting late..."

"Who?" he repeated, gripping her hand.

Sora had no other choice. "Akashi... Seijuro."

Sora felt the grip on her arm release but she dreaded the expression on his face.

"We... we..." he stammered.

"Are the same," she said, raising her hand to touch his, but deciding against it. She had tried not to acknowledge the change for so long, failing miserably in the end.

"I'm Akashi Seijuro."

"That's right..."

"Akashi Seijuro..." he repeated as if it  had the ability to make them the same.

"Yes," said Sora.

"How come he gets a chance?" he asked looking utterly miserable for a second, "There is only one choice. Only one law in this world..."

"I'm sorry... A-- Seijuro, I..."

Sora felt the grip on her arm tighten again. "But still... I'm... I'm absolute. No mortal can stand before--"
"Hush..." said Sora gently, "Seijuro--"

"Don't say my name... Either of it! Go, get lost!" he said suddenly, quickening his pace. Sora increased her pace to keep up with him. "I told you, I'm sorry!"

"Do you know what it's like?" he said wheeling around suddenly, "To have everything and still have nothing."

"What?"

"Who do you think of when you say my...our... name?"

Sora blinked. "I..." Akashi gave her a smirk and tried to push past. "Thank you for the demonstration," he said.

"Wait," said Sora, and was relieved to see that he did, "I think of the person who waited now when I asked him to... I think of the person who took the time to teach me... I think of the person who is one of the most strongest and caring people around. The one I--"

"Your point?"

"You... Are one person, Akashi Seijuro. Isn't it time you accepted it?" she said, "You say winning is the only thing that matters. But if you're absolute... Can't you change that.."

Akashi shook his head and tutted. "Go sleep. You're delirious," he said, pushing past her.

Sora slipped off to her dorm, reflecting on what he had said. She understood the change in the way he addressed people. It was merely a reflection of how he-- they-- kept tabs on each other.
Akashi... Seijuro... They were so different, yet the very same. Sora knew one thing however. Even though he had hurt her before, she had done much more damage.