Zev’s behavior distracted me from noticing that someone had walked in.  

When I tuned towards the door, I saw Layton standing next to it, glaring at Zev. He looked dangerous and ready to attack.

“Stay out of this Pierce,” Zev threatened.

“If I were you, I’d watch my tone. Now let her go.” Layton was taking careful steps towards us.

I wasn’t sure what to do.

Would I be able to stop them in case something happened?

I didn’t think it would be hard to keep them in place. My only fear was exposing myself. Among the rules my father had, showing my gifts to anyone was number one.

“Can you guys please stop?” I asked, moving from Zev’s embrace so that I could stand between the two.

There was a look of distrust clear in Zev’s eyes and Layton wasn’t far behind.

“Come here, Cassidy,” Layton said with a tone that sounded like an order.

I looked at him incredulously.

“Why would I go with you?” I asked him, feeling annoyed that he was even in the room.

I didn’t understand what was happening, but things weren’t as tense before Layton arrived.  I had to admit it was nice seeing him and knowing that he wanted me to go with him. Despite that, I couldn’t forget that he had been rude to me. Besides, I hardly knew the guy.

“Don’t be stubborn and just come here. You’re late to class,” Layton said, looking annoyed himself.

“Crap!” I muttered to myself.

I checked my phone, and fair enough, it was 12:15. I was fifteen minutes late to class, meaning it would be awkward walking in, like it had been during Art. I was considering skipping class all together.

“I’ll walk you to class. I have History right now as well,” Zev told me, keeping his eyes on Layton.

“No. I’m taking her to class. You stay away from her,” Layton growled.

They were both getting on my nerves. I didn’t understand what the heck was going on, but I needed to get to class pronto.

“Enough! I’m walking to class on my own and you two, stay!” I ordered.

They both looked taken aback by my outburst. Zev started chuckling which made Layton look at him darkly.

“You have to admit that was funny,” Zev commented, looking at Layton teasingly.

“That was offensive. You might be a dog, but I sure as hell am not,” Layton huffed.

I shook my head at the two, and headed for the door. Layton growled when I passed him but I ignored his behavior and continued to head out. With one last look towards Layton and Zev, I left to my History class.

I was forced to introduce myself in my History class. The class wasn’t so bad. I had the chance to talk with some girls and Mr. Peters was a nice teacher. Other than doing some reading and catching up with the assignments for the week, class went by without a glitch.

Science, which was my next class after History, passed by in a blur. I liked the teacher and my lab partner was Tyler. Surprisingly, he had been talking to me and explaining things about the class and school. It made me wonder why he had been so quiet during Art.

I was excited when the last period came along. The only thing putting a damper on my good mood was that the last class happened to be PE.

I was in good shape since I trained with my dad very often. It was mandatory that I be fit and ready for anything. My parents still didn’t trust the reason I was a Legen after so many centuries.