Chapter 31: We'll See

Before any of us can react to the absurd sight of Jam dressed as the bride, 'Kung Fu Fighting' by 'The Vamps' begins to blare loudly through the speakers, filling the entire room with overdramatic music. The atmosphere changes completely. 

We all fall speechless. As if on cue, Troy suddenly gets up and marches his way to the front with his fire sticks in hand as if it's the most natural thing to do, all the while Jam still standing in front of Max expectantly as if pulling this off. 

I'm going to kill him! I'm going to kill both of them!

I wish Troy's parents would stop him, but it seems they've given up on him too. Just like me, they're anticipating the worst.  

Max searches for me in the crowd. When he spots me, he lifts his hands as if asking where Bells is. I shrug, just as lost as him. I haven't the faintest clue.

"I hate weddings," Grey mutters under his breath, just loud enough for me to hear. This time, I see his point.

Fortunately, the music is suddenly cut. I let out a breath of relief too soon because the room fills with dreadful, earsplitting music instead. Troy frowns at Oog just as 'The Dung Beatles' steal his thunder and take their place up front, standing in front of the real band as they begin to play their music and make the audience's ears bleed.

"Elope?" Benley turns to AJ questioningly.

She nods profusely, "No doubt."

Even Jam, wedding dress and all, is performing and dancing crazily alongside his band mates. This was their plan the entire time! They were going to play one way or another, whether it be on our terms or not. Oog is an evil genius, and quite frankly, I'm convinced that he's smarter than all of us put together.

"So typical of Max," Mrs. Bell's Mom comments with a shake of her head, "he's already replaced Bells, his bride, with some ugly lady from a rock band. Saw it coming."

I find Max's eyes and cringe at how humiliating this must be for him. He's standing up there, clueless, wondering what the heck is going on.

"Go find Bells," Jay whispers from beside me when noticing Max's discomfort, "I'll try to kill some time while we wait."

I nod at him and get up swiftly before a thought occurs to me, "I need Jam. He has her dress."

"I know," he replies back, clearly annoyed. He's feeling for Max right now and so am I - the 'second-hand embarrassment' is real.

I watch as Jay walks to the front before pulling out all the cables, the music being cut and the room filling with silence once again. He says nothing, seeing no need to explain himself, and merely grabs Jam (who'd just been about to do 'the worm' across the floor and ultimately damage Bell's dress) by the arm before pulling him along, forcefully dragging him out the door as we both seek out Bells together.

"We're going on an adventure!" I hum and skip along after Jay and Jam as we enter the room where Bell's had last been seen.

Ramos is tied up with thick rope, a sock in his mouth, as he wiggles about as if to break free, desperately trying to call for help. He stuck up in the vents and somehow managed to crawl to the edge of it. Jay wastes no time in hauling him down and placing him back down onto the floor.

"Who did this to you?" I ask him with a purposeful gasp, deliberately being over the top as if in a horror movie. 

I had been so worried about everything running smoothly, that I didn't bother to check up on Bells again. She should have been my main priority.