She's wearing a black dress with little flowers that almost seems too feminine for her. I wish I could see just how short it is.

Her wild curls are tied back, but as if saying she cannot be contained, several have fallen out surrounding her face.

She reminds me of a wild animal that will not be tamed, but I find myself feeling the urge to try.

Her blue eyes meet mine as my gaze returns to her face.

Wait, was she just staring at me? Nah, probably not.

Red seems to think that the girl isn't going to introduce herself and takes the job upon herself. Thank whatever god there is out there that's listening to my pleas.

She detangles herself from Nate long enough to throw her arms around her friend and squeeze. "And this sourpuss here is Katie-bug."

I see the girl, err, Katie-bug grimace slightly and try to pull away.

"It's Kat, and you don't need to introduce me, I'm not a child, Vanessa." She huffs, crossing her arms over her chest.

Not that I'm looking. Nope, not at all.

"I was just trying to help. Lighten up, Kat." Red looks slightly offended, but regains her composure.

"Cat? Like the animal?" I know it's lame, but I'm just trying to keep her talking. Her voice is smooth and sweet.

"No, like Katarina." She scowls back at me. God, she is hot. And so mean. Focus on the mean. Calm down, boy.

"Like the hurricane?" I shoot back. That seems appropriate for her.

"No, Kat-Ah-rina, not Katrina." She rolls her eyes at me like I'm a complete idiot. I'm guessing I'm not the first person to say that. I could hit myself right now. I'm such an idiot.

Her eyes run down my chest. Is this how girls feel when you do that? Is it really that obvious when we do it? I'd like to think I'm sneakier than that. I feel so exposed. Like I'm sitting here naked under her stare.

I glance down to make sure I'm wearing clothes. Oh shit, I forgot what I was wearing. Why didn't I think to go home and change?

"What kind of name is Bentley?" Kat fires back, staring at my lame stuck-on nametag like it might reveal my secrets.

I'm pretty sure her stare could be used as a form of interrogation. I will tell you anything if you keep staring at me.

"You can just call me Ben." I shrug, trying to hide my embarrassment. Damn it. I'm an idiot. I yank the sticker off my chest, hoping nobody notices.

"So not Benny-boy?" She smirks. God, she can call me whatever she wants.

"So Katie-bug, was it?" I challenge her back.

"No, Ben. It's Kat, with a K. Not like the animal." I think I've met my match. She's amazing.

Her gaze rakes over me again and I know she's already making assumptions. Everyone always does when my mother picks out my clothes. I look like an arrogant prick.

I clear my throat and look away. Someone please change the goddamn topic. This is uncomfortable.

I glance over at Katie, I mean Kat, hoping she will talk again, or maybe just stop glaring in my general direction. I already miss the sound of her voice. God, what is wrong with me?

Now Nate and Red are making out. How fucking awkward.

Come on, dude. Knock it off. Why can't you hear me yelling at you in my mind? Life would be so much easier if I had mind powers. I try to send my thoughts out.