night four

teagan

" Do you fear death ? " I ask Dante, not really unusual of me because I tend to get all deep and shit when I am drunk.

" Why ? Are you planning to push me down the roof ? " He retorts immediately, almost sounding worried and I realize that he actually thought I would that.

" I am not a psycho. "

He chuckles to himself, " Says the girl who punched two guys in the face and kicked a football player like he kicks the football. "

" For starters, they said girls are weak and anyone who thinks girls are any less than them automatically becomes my punching target. And okay maybe I am a bit of a psycho but I won't throw you from the roof. "

" Well, that's a relief. "

We stay silent after that, and I pour myself another shot of vodka,

" You want some vodka ? "

" No thanks. " I shrug and continue my drinking spree so that I could drown out my parent's shouts that were still ringing in my ears.

" What's your family like ? " I don't know why I asked that but having grown up in a family which barely lived up to the meaning of that six lettered word, I always found myself curious to know what an actual loving family was.

I could almost sense the love as he spoke,
" They are crazy but I love them. "

He doesn't ask me about my family, contrary to what I expected, however something told me he already knew.

It's hard to ignore sound of yelling, glass being broken and banging doors anyways.

" What's your middle name ? " I ask after a while remembering that he goes by his middle name at school.

" Le- Wait, I am not supposed to tell you that. "

I chuckle, at least I have something to start with, " You could tell me, I am too drunk to remember it in the morning anyways. "

Well that wasn't entirely the truth, I was drunk but for some weird reason I usually ended up remembering all my drunken shenanigans.

" I don't trust you. "

Huffing in annoyance, I try to get up with the support of the wall and once I am almost standing straight, I peek over the wall to see and catch a glimpse of blue green eyes staring at me before turning away.

" Your eyes are so fucking cool. " I exclaim, sitting back down and I hear him let out an almost inaudible chuckle.

" You must wear lenses at school because I am pretty sure I would remember those eyes. " I say more to myself than to him, as I simultaneously rack my brain to find whether I had seen someone with heterochromatic eyes.

" Yeah, I do. "

" Why ? " I blurt out the next question without thinking, and silence is the only answer I receive.

I didn't know when I fell asleep, or when Dante left but when I woke up it was 5 a.m and I was covered in a blanket with a Disney theme.

Smiling to myself, I snuggle a bit more in the Mickey mouse covered blanket, so we did have something in common .