Chapter 17

Queen Pearl Alexander Ivan
Year 1500s
Kingdom Jareab

I laughed , it was quite funny and unimaginable . I never knew that a great warrior could even be an artist . That designation did not suit him at all .

"No , it's not something to laugh about" , he said in his stern voice . I coughed , everybody had talents . Now that really made sense , the day when he was walking around an area , he was explaining how his new sculpture would look like .

"So what material do you use to sculpt the sculptures?" I asked .

"Marble , that's my favourite" he replied with passion in his voice .

"You carve it?" I asked , he nodded . It was a difficult task of course .

"Sometimes I use wet mud or clay or some other metal , you see" he said and nodded at his own statement . He really knew how to work hard .

"I still cannot believe it " I said and laughed , he raised his brows .

"That does - does not match you at all , My Grace" I said , clarifying my point , he hummed and coughed .

"Come , I'll show you something" he said , softly . He grabbed my hand , pulling me with him to a giant hall .

I gasped at the sight , it was beautiful , lavish enough . The best part was that the beauty of it did not lay in the aesthetically pleasing way it was designed and built but the inventive sculptures and paintings placed it . Everything in it was perfect . I withdrew his hand from mine , walking to each masterpiece I placed my hands on each . Tracing the carvings and the curves , some were soft while the others sharp enough to bleed the skin . The statues were mostly of the ancient God's , Goddesses's , temples and brave archers but in one corner was kept an eye catching painting , quite fine and subtle , I looked at His Highness for an explanation , there was a man and a woman , standing together wearing all traditional , a bright golden robe with a matching crown while the lady wore an exquisite gown with long earrings . "They are my parents" he said and sighed , I had completely forgotten about them , they died when he was fifteen .

"Who made this?" I asked

"Oh , an artist of their time , they got newly married and my mother always wanted to have a picture with my father like this , so they did not waste any time " he replied and smiled . We kept silent for some time .

"You like it in here?" He asked , I smiled . "It's beautiful " I whispered , looking around once again and laughing , my voice echoing for a long time . I turned around , making my gown flow . He was amazing . He was a person who, I knew nothing about and it seemed that every new day somehow threw his different personality away to me , making me realise he was so different .

Time passed by and finally it was late evening . I slept for a while because His Highness had forbidden me to work , saying that I should just lay and have fun . Well , that was really something I did not understand so I just shrugged it off. I was laying on my comforter , on my stomach while my maids were talking to each other , entertaining me though I did not listen to even a single word . The weather outside had changed , wind blew with swiftness and then with high speed , the curtains of the domus flowed , it was about to rain .

"Your highness" Stephane came inside , "His Highness calls for you in his domus" everyone giggled , my breath hitched , we never were meant to meet in each other's domus , it was strange . Maybe he called me for supper or he had a problem . I pushed all the thoughts aside , waiting for some minutes I gathered up the courage to stand , I was wearing my thin strapped cream night gown when Elena laid a black shiny stole over my shoulders which I pulled towards myself and made my way out , "good luck" was followed by giggles again . Shaking my head I was helped by some guards across the barrier and then I stood outside the domus . His Highness's domus .