Chapter 3: AN EXCUSE TO FULFIL

"By any chance, have you guys saw Kumogakure ninjas around? My team was assigned to apprehend them" Asuma turned to the group, thought most of his attention is focused on the young woman in front of him. She has the same hair color he does.

The young woman (Mirai) scratch the back of her neck. Team 10 (past) eyes her, "They're tied up to a tree..."

As if the cold wind itself blows right past them from the sudden silence.

"Are you seriously telling the truth? No way civillans can hold them off..." Shikamaru said not believing her

'This boy looks oddly familiar... like Shikamaru-sensei. Heck, he even has the same name. His use of logic, too...' Mirai thought

"Um..." Chan raise his hand to get the other's attention

"Yes, what is it, boy?" asked Asuma lokking at Chan as if he saw somebody's replica, 'This child is almost like Lee! No, EXACTLY like Lee- except for his eyes...'

"They're tied up there..." he points at the three where the Kumo-nins are tied to.

"Jimminey crickets!" Chouji cried along with a potato chip falling to the ground

"How...?" Ino looks at Mirai and to the others, but the one that caught her attention is the young girl (to her) fidgeting beside a tan chubby female. The girl has a shoulder lenght blonde hair and eyes similar to hers. 'She's cute...'

"We kicked their butts, isn't that obvious?!" Boruto cried with a smile

Now, Asuma, Chouji, Ino, and Shikamaru were nearly popping their eyes out. 'He looks just like Naruto!!!' was their thoughts

Asuma pushed the thought off for a while and offer them a place a Konohagakure for the time being as he asked questions along the way. Oh, and the Team 10 members grabbed the Kumo-nins.

~~~~~~~

"So you're saying that you fought them with Taijutsu only and manage to caught them off gaurd?"

"Yes." They chorused

"I better report this to the Hokage. For the time being, tour Konaha if you want. Shikamaru, Ino, Chouji, you're dismissed."

"Hai!"

'Okay, let me get this straight... Team 10... Asuma is the name of my father... and the guy said he's Asuma and he looks just like my father! Wait... this Shikamaru looks young... 16? Can it be...?" - Mirai

'Hold on... Ino? That's my Mom's name! She even looks like my mom! What in the world is going on?! Oh please, Kami, don't tell me...' - Inojin

'Chouji? That's my father's name. This Chouji is like sixteen and he also has the Akimichi Clan's symbol... Could he be a Clam member? No, impossible. Only Dad has that name. Then... oh NO!!!!' - Chouchou

'WE'RE IN THE PAST!!!!' -Three

"Guys, let's act sibling right now..." Mirai said and Inojin and Chouchou nods.

"Um... what for?" Boruto asked in confusion.

Himawari, who was looking around while holding on to her brother's jacket notice the same thing Team 10 noticed.

"Onii-chan, lend me your ear..."

Boruto did as Himawari requested. He crouch enough for her to reach.

"WE'RE WHA-?!" Good thing Sarada punched him to keep him from shouting.

"BAKA! You just noticed?" she irritatingly asked

"Well, sorry for not noticing..." Boruto mumbled rubbing his poor head

"Anyways..." before Mirai can take a step, Asuma appeared in front of them.

"Oh, I see you're still here... the Hokage offers you a place to stay. It will be near the apartment building. Come with me, I'll show you. Ah, don't worry about your change of clothes, we arranged them for you... Oh, here's your money for the time being." Asuma just smiled as he explain, 'I just feel I need to be kind to them. Also... this young woman here... I feel like she's important...'

"Thank you for your kindness. We're sorry for the trouble..." Mirai said bowing

"Don't mention it..." Asuma smiled

Boruto lost his color and is currently being pulled by Mitsuki and Sarada. Himawari walks beside the Uchiha girl looking around thinking, 'So this is the era Papa grew up in...'

They reached their destination. The japanese style home is enough to occupy ten people.

"Oh, the Hokage requested for your prescence tomorrow at the Hokage Tower. Is that okay for you?"

"Yes." Mirai bows once again as Asuma turned to leave

The future generation enters the house and gathers at the dining room.

"Okay, so all of us are currently in the past..." Mirai began

"Does that include Shikadai?" Chouchou asked

"Yes. I have a feeling he's here somewhere. We just have to find him." Mirai said worriedly

"So we have to act as if we're siblings?" It was Inojin's turn to ask a question and Mirai nods in response.

"We can't go around saying that we're from the future. It might cause a change in time." Sarada said, "Then again, our prescence here might have already changed time of the future."

They arrange every room and clean every hallway. They even put a design on each room for each person's comfort. Inojin wrote each of their names on a piece of paper and stick each one to each room. They occupied seven rooms out of ten because Himawari and Boruto are going to share a room.

~~~~~~~

It was now afternoon at Konohagakure and at the Hokage Tower, a woman was sitting at the chair of the Hokage office with tons of paper piled in front of her.

"Asuma reported that a group of civillans defeated the Kumo-nins before they even arrived. Apparantely, only one is a woman about 22 and the rest are children about 12 and one about 7... it's unusual." Tsunade pondered, "6 girls and only 2 boys in their group. One girl was wearing a dress that only the Haruno family have? This is so confusing..."

"Tsunade-sama..." her apprentice, the pink haired girl, Sakura called to her in hoping to snap her out.

"They only fought them with Taijutsu? How is it possible...? We couldn't even beat them with Ninjutsu!"

"Tsunade-sama, a letter just..."

"One boy looks like Naruto and even has whiskers but only two. And other is like Lee. Argh! It really is confusing!!!"

"Tsunade-sama..."

"Who would adopt seven children?!"

"Tsunade-sama! A letter from the Kazekage!"

"WHAT?!"

◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆ ◇