Chapter 1

It was getting dark in the woods. Luckily my wolf senses made it easy for me to see my surroundings.

It wasn't that far from my pack's territory anymore. Maybe an hour or two at full speed.

My pack is the White Moon pack. A powerful pack with a huge territory. Probably the second biggest in the country or something like that.

My father, the previous alpha, had gotten us all of that land. He had been a rogue when he was younger and had eventually started our pack.

Or as I should say: my pack. Because unfortunatly my father hadn't planned his last battle good enough.

He had been badly injured and he couldn't use either of his legs anymore, therefore he had been forced to pass on the alpha title to his only child: me.

I was a young alpha, probably the youngest ever. I was sixteen, would be seventeen in two weeks.

My thoughts stopped at that for a second. Seventeen, the age us wolfs were considered adults. The age you were able to find your mate.

I didn't know if I really wanted to find my mate anyway. I had never really been in a relationship, never even had a date. I was always busy with school or my alpha training.

There was a lot of pressure on the person with the alpha title. Ever since my father had given his title to me two weeks ago I felt like I could barely breath.

Like there was this huge weight on my shoulders that kept pushing down and took away all the oxygen from the air. Slowly choking me from inside out.

That was the main reason I had taken the day off today, to breath.

My mom and dad had taken over most alpha duties for the day and I had went for a picknick a few hours outside the boundaries with four of my best friends.

I looked at them, sitting and laughing at the little clearing we had chosen for a break.

There were my beta, Jace, my third in command, Alyssa and two delta's (normal pack members) Evie and her mate Lucas

Jace and me were like brother and sister. Ever since his dad, the old beta had died five years ago he and his mom Helen, who was my mom's best friend, had lived with me and my family.

Jace saw me looking at him and gave me a sly smile. His light brown eyes twinkling.

That was one of the only differences between the two of us, because not only we acted like siblings, we sure as hell looked like it to. Except the eyes, his were brown, almost amber like and mine were a greenish blue.

I looked at him lying in the grass next to Alyssa. He didn't look like the usual beta male.

He wasn't as big as most of them and looked less like an overgrown bodybuilder. He had muscles, and a lot of them, but they didn't exactly bulk out of him.

For the girl next to Jace was only one word: badass.

Alyssa wasn't a girlish girl, she was tall and muscular. Her eight pack showing through the tight black shirt she was wearing.

But as one of her best friends I knew that under her tough exterior she was a really sweet girl.

Ever since she was little she had.always stood up for the younger and weaker.

That was one of the reasons I had chosen her to be third in command and even my father had said that she was perfect for her rank.

Next was Evie, who was the exact opposit of badass. She was a strong fighter like the others but really didn't want to hurt anyone if not highly necessary.

She wás the tipical girl. She loved gossiping, pink and her long blond hair that she usually wears in some way to difficult braid or updo.

All her life she had been in love with Lucas, the handsome boy next door.

They had been together since the day Evie turned eleven and he had picked her flowers out of his mom's garden.

They had been in a fight exactly once. And after a lot of crying and kissing promised each other to never fight again.

You understand how happy they were when they turned out to be mates.

The word to discribe Lucas was ironically enough: puppy dog.

He was sweet and 100% in love with his mate, his eyes sparkling whenever she was close.

I felt a little pang. It wasn't like I'm jealous. No not really. It was just that I sometimes wish things would be that easy for me.

I was suddenly pulled out of my thoughts when I hear a sound, the sound of leaves being crushed when someone walks on them.

I looked over at my friends and locked eyes with Jace.

That was when the scent hit me and I knew..

We were going to have company.

_______________________________________

A/N

Sooo... What do you guys think? Good enough for a second chapter??

No?? Well I'm gonna write it anyway

;p

I've never really written a story like this and I don't exactly have a plan for this one so all tips and feedback are welcome!!

Hope you guys liked it!!

See you guys at the next chapter!!

I think... I hope.... *cute puppy face* xp

By the way... If you see any spelling mistakes please tell me!! I'm just a 16 year old girl from the Netherlands, my English isn't thát good ;)

- CheyenneRianne