#2 - I told you so • Carl (requested)

A/N This was requested by supernaturallovrr123 Btw in my request information chapter I forgot to put ur name. And it won't let me change it so don't forget to tell me ur names if u want a request.

~
Karla's POV

Me and Carl were in his room reading comics on his bed. We had just recently got to this sanctuary called Alexandria. I really like it here, I can finally feel safe. But I'm just scared we're gonna get weak like every other Alexandrian here. The good news is that there's teenagers here our age. Ron, Mikey and Enid. I like them all, they seem really nice and cool but I don't like when Carl's around Enid. I get really jealous.

No, me and Carl are not dating. He's my best friend in the whole world and we'd do anything for each other. That's why I like him. Because he would do anything for me. He'd kill every walker that I can see so he knows I won't get bit or scratched. He'd go on a run just to get me what I need or want, which I really don't like him doing. He could get hurt. Because of me. love Carl. He's my best friend and I hope he could be something more in the future. But that would never happen. He doesn't like me like that. I'm just his best friend to him. I feel a nudge in my side and look over. Carl is looking down at me with a grin. I smile back.

"What Carl?" I ask.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Oh nothing."

"Karla, I know you're thinking about something. What is it?" He sighs.

"I'm just thinking about the Alexandrians. There weak, Carl, I don't want us to get weak to." His smile fades and he sighs looking up at his comic. He puts it down on the bed and looks back over at me.

"We aren't. There's no way we're gonna get weak. Especially you. You're too strong." He says, his smile returning to his beautiful face.

"Thanks. You're not gonna get weak either you know. You're to strong for that. And to smart." You smile.

"I'm not smart."

"Yes you are." He sighs with defeat but still has his famous smile on.

"Hey, do you wanna go over to Ron's?" He asks.

"Do we have to. I just wanna stay here and read." I whine.

"You can stay but I'm going." He gets up off the bed and looks for his jacket. I sigh and follow him, also getting my jacket. I'm only going because I want to keep an eye on Carl and Enid. I trust Enid, I think she knows I like Carl but still.

--------------

"Be good." Carl jokes, pointing his finger at me with a smile.

I laugh. "Shut up." Carl smiles once more and puts his finger down, bringing his fist onto the door.

We hear feet shuffling and Jessie opens the door. "Hi guys. Ron, Mikey and Enid are upstairs."

"Thank you Jessie." Me and Carl say at the same time. She nods and walks to the kitchen while we walk over to the stairs.

Once we reach the top we look down the hallway to see Ron's room. We keep walking until we get there and knock to be polite. We don't want to just barge in.

"Hey!" Ron greets as he opens the door and motions for us to come in. "C'mon. We're playing video games."

We walk in and I see Enid sitting on the bed reading comics, like always. I smile at her and she returns it. I sit down on the bed next to her and read the comic over her shoulder. I can hear the boys have started to play their game and are having a light conversation with each other. I look up when I hear them say my name. They're still playing and not even paying attention to anything else.

"Did you just hear them say my name?" I whisper to Enid. She looks away from the comic and nods.

"Yeah."

"Why do you think they did?" I asked kinda confused.

"I don't know. But Carl is there. And I think he has a crush on you so that's probably what it is." My eyes widen at her words and my mouth gapes a little.

"He doesn't like me. He just thinks of me as his best friend." I say softly.

"Are you stupid or something? He likes you." She looks back down at the comics. I look at her and shake my head, going back to reading.

-------------

"Hey! Enid! Karla!" We look up at Ron who's standing by the bed, Carl and Mikey behind him. "Wanna play a game?" He asks with a mischievous grin.

I cock my eyebrows as Enid talks. "Depends. What game?"

"Truth of Dare." Mikey answers.

"No! I don't play that stuff!" Enid says quickly and nervously.

"Oh c'mon Enid!" Ron begs. "Please!!"

She lets out a long sigh before answering. "Only if Karla does."

They all look to me, begging me with their eyes. Why do they want us to play so bad. I groan. "Fine!"

"Yes!" They all cheer and then sit down on the ground. Carl pats the spot next to him and I smile heading over there. Enid sits down next to me, with Ron beside her and Mikey beside him.

"Okay who's starting?" Ron asks.

"I am." Mikey says. We all look to him as he thinks, his hand on his chin stroking the slight stubble he has. I laugh and continue watching him.
(A/N Not in the creepy way lol)

"Ummm.... Enid." We all look to her as she groans and then sighs. I laugh at her and she gives me a fake glare.

"I dare you....... to........ go outside on the roof and scream Ron's my baby!!!"

"No!" Ron laughs at this and puts his hand on her shoulder. She groans for like the hundredth time and stands, climbing out the window. We all stay inside as we can hear Enid walking around on the roof. We then hear her yell Ron's my baby!! and laugh. She comes back in and glares at all of us with a blush. After about a minute we stop laughing and she says it's her turn.

She turns to me and leans into my ear. "I know how to see if Carl likes you." My eyes widen and I pull away.

"No! Enid don't."

She laughs. "Too bad." I sigh. What is she gonna do? "Carl. I dare you to kiss Karla." What? She'd actually make him kiss me. Well it's not gonna happen so she can give up on th-

My thoughts are cut off when lips are pressed onto mine. My eyes widen and I kiss back after a few seconds. His lips are so soft. Even if they're cracked and dry they're still soft. He places his hand on my now rosy cheek, twirling some of my ginger hair and deepens the kiss by licking my lips. I suddenly remember everyone else in the room and pull away. He looks into my wide eyes with his nervous ones. I smile and peck him one more time causing him to grin. We hear cheers and look over to see Ron and Mikey clapping and cheering and Enid smirking. She mouths I told you so. I roll my eyes at her and cuddle into Carl listening to him continue the game.

~
A/N Sry ik this sucked. supernaturallovrr123 I'm sry if u hate it. If u do hate it then I'm sry and I can make u another one if u want. But if u don't hate it and u actually kinda liked it, then okay. :)

- Sarah