~Chapter 17~

{Adam's P.O.V.}

I stared up at the ceiling once I woke up. Today was the day. Today, the plan would be put into motion. And hopefully, if things go well, I will be able to rescue Alesa and Amelia without any of us being harmed... no, I can't have room for doubt in this situation. I have to rescue them. And I will.

Well, technically I won't. I'm in Team One because the 2ps will be expecting me. Team Three is doing the real rescuing, but I'll help! Sort of...

I went down for breakfast. Arthur, Alfred, Ellie, and Ivan were already there. There were a few others awake, as well. Feliciano, Matthew, Jerome, Mitch, Quinton, and Ian were waiting patiently on the couch.

I grabbed a bowl of cereal and joined them. Everyone was oddly quiet. "So, um..." I tried to think of something to say. "Are you all ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be." Alfred gave a lighthearted smile.

"Da." Ivan nodded, though he didn't look in my direction and his expression remained dark.

"Yeah." Ian smiled softly. "We can do this."

"Mmmph... after breakfast..." Ellie mumbled.

"Yes." Arthur stood up and joined the others on the couch.

"Mhm!" Feliciano smiled.

"Let's do this!" Mitch cheered. Jerome smiled in reply and Matthew nodded.

Quinton nodded silently, but a small smile tugged at his lips.

I smiled at all of them. "Great! Let's just wait for the others to wake up, then." I said before shoveling a spoonful of cereal into my mouth.

The wait was surprisingly short, as everyone had woken early for the event even though we had never really scheduled a time to meet up.

Once everyone had arrived, Alfred hauled a large box into the living room. "These arrived sometime this morning, but I was just waiting for you guys to wake up." He explained as he opened it. Inside, were a variety of pistols and revolvers.

"Everyone in teams two and three, grab a gun." Arthur said as he stood back. "Team One, I assume you've kept your daggers."

The members of Team One held up their daggers in response before stowing them inside of their clothes and in their shoes.

"Alright. Ian." Arthur turned to Ian, who looked up. "Help me create the portal."

Ian nodded and the two got to work. Everyone waited, watching silently as the two used their magic in exploding blues and greens to create the portal. This proved to be a difficult task, and it took about half an hour before it was formed and stable.

"Alrighty! Since Artie here is all tired from using his magic and stuff, I'm taking control of team one now!" Alfred smiled, to which Arthur simply groaned. "Team one! Follow me to the jet! We'll be in Russia in no time!"

Slowly and tiredly, team one boarded the jet one by one before it took off. The remaining teams watched them go before team two grabbed their headsets. "Farewell!" Mitch waved dramatically as he entered the portal.

The members of teamthree stood between watching the front door where team one had recently left,and the portal through which team two had recently traveled. It was now thatthey realized how much waiting was to be done. In the meantime, they sat andtalked while trying to get their minds off of the incoming dangers that wouldawait them. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{A/N} Yo! Sorry for dying XD

I'll be binge posting up to chapter 21 for y'all :3 Hope you enjoy!

~CakeEater4