Chapter 17 - Letters Never Seen.

Start from the beginning

A coat she knitted, and a couple of hats she loved.

Doing all this bought back memories, and it made me realize how much I have missed her, and Im never gonna be able to see her again.

The kids were running around in the house while K.C got the last bit of furniture outside as the men helped him take it to the truck.

The house was now almost completely empty. Just her cherry scent smelled the home I used to live in.

I sat there, and reminisced on all the good times we had. Even the bad times... Man I miss her so much.

"Stop running around ya'll sit down."  K.C said to the kids.

"Okay Unc!" said Harmony as she giggled and grabbed Kings hand and sat on the floor.

"Imma go see if they're is anything else before we go." He said to me.

I nodded my head. He gave me a side eye, and twisted his face up. 

"You good?"

"Yeah, I'm good. Go check and see if they're is more stuff." 

"Aight be right back."

He said heading into the bedroom to check for stuff.

I rubbed my head, and sighed heavily. He came back 5 minutes later with a lock box.

The same lock box I stole money from almost 5 years ago.

"This the only thing I found. Its pretty heavy."

"Whatever is in there I don't want no parts of it." I told him.

I stole enough from her already, and now she's gone im gonna feel even more bad for taking whatever is in there.

"Shitttt. You know how to unlock this thing?" He asked picking with it.

1146.

"It has a code."

"Wait... Is the same box you took—

"Yes. And im not telling you the code."

"Why not? So what are we gonna do with it?"

"Don't know, Don't Care."

"Asia, what its important stuff in there?"

"She only keeps money in there.....Fine ill give you the code, But I don't care whats in there I want no parts."

"Okay."

"It's 1146." I said he put in the code, and it opened almost immidiaently. 

"How did you know the code?"

"Saw her put it in one day, and never forgot."

"Its nothing in here but letters, stamps, and a $10 bill."

"Damn." I said shocked.

"Yeah, these letters have your name on them. Guess she never sent them." He said holding them up

"No way, let me see." I got up, and he handed me the letters. They're was letters with my name on the front.

"Open it."

I ripped open one of the envelopes, and started to read.

My daughter Asia,

I know I have not reached out to you, and for that I am sorry. I am not upset, I understand you. You are my child and I know I have always been hard on you I just don't want you to make the same mistakes I did. When you told me you were pregnant it crushed me. Every single night you were gone I cried, and prayed that Jesus would look over you. I may not show that side of me, but it is true. You had to get away so you did what needed to be done. God told me you were okay, and you needed this so I couldn't be upset. I love you, and I always will.

I have something to tell you. A secret I wanted you to know first that nobody knows yet. I went to the doctors today, and they told me I have Stage 4 Cervical Cancer. It shocked me, and I was scared. I am dying soon. I don't know if I will see you again, but I love you, and my grand-baby. Don't ever think different, and always listen to your heart. You are a bright, and don't let anybody tell you difference. I know you, I know your intentions. I know for a fact my grand daughter is bright just like you. I hope we can see each other again. I love you.
Your Mother