I sat there for the remainder of breakfast trying to crack a plan as to get my hands on the diary and to avoid any information about me leaking out in the process.

" Hey Ava, we are going to go work on the potion... do you want to come?" Hermione asks.

" Nah it's ok guys. I'm supposed to meet with Ginny in the common room." I said smiling pleasantly.

I saw Hermiones and Harry's eyes look a bit upset for a moment before Hermione said " Oh, ok... well I'll see you later then?"

"Of course." I smiled at them before I walked into the great hall to get to the common room.

When I got to the common room It was empty, but I could hear some sniffles coming from the corner of the room.

I walked up to the person quietly and slowly to see Ginny.

" Oh, Ginny...." I said sadly as I knelt beside her and gave her a hug.

" Ava, he was petrified.... and I couldn't remember last night at all! Oh, no, I just know that I'm the one opening the chamber... but I don't know how this could happen! Ava, you've got to help me!" Ginny said with thick tears.

I held her and let her tears fall for 10 minutes, before she started to calm down enough to talk normally.

" I'm sorry." Ginny said pathetically. " It's just, I'm scared and confused...I...I.. I don't understand how this is happening... this is my first year of hogwarts..I was so excited, but now I just want to go home... I don't want to hurt anyone else."

I was at a loss for words, I simply sat there and let her cling to me, like I could some how make all of this stop for her, like it was just that easy.

" Ava?" Ginny said

" Yea." I said quietly.

" What do you think is happening to me?" she whispered anxiously, letting a few more tears fall. " Am I becoming a monster...I...."

" No Ginny, you are not a monster. You're one of the most wonderful people I've ever met. I'm sticking to what I said earlier, I don't think you are doing this... I think that someone may be possessing you, getting you to do it." I said sternly

" I don't know anyone who would do that." she said quietly.

" You may NOT know them, it could be a stranger." I said

Ginny whimpered and put her head in her knees.

I hate this... watching one of my friends squirm. I can only imagine how this must be effecting her.

The rest of the day passed slowly, I wasn't able to get out of Ginny's sight, or else she'd freak out. I tried everything to get out of her sight so I could go upstairs to snoop around her stuff for the diary.. but if I said " Oh, I have to go to the bathroom." She'd say " I'll come with you, I have to fix my hair anyway." If I said " I'm tired I may go to bed." She'd say " Do you mind If I spent the night in your room? I don't want to be alone."

I wanted to comfort her, but at the same time I want to protect her too, so how can I do that if she's clinging to me all day? I need to find where she put my fathers diary.

Eventually I let her spend the night with me in my dorm.... anything to give her peace of mind. But she never fell asleep... she stayed up all night crying silently into her pillow.

~~~~~~~~~~

The next few weeks were quite eventful.... Harry and Hermione have started on the polyjuice potion by the judgement of what they did in Potions class. We were all making swelling potions..... when all of a sudden Harry threw a firework into Goyles potion... His potion went flying in every direction, whoever it hit... swelled. It hit me in my left arm... so It was swollen.... alot.