16: Heart...Less?

It's been two long weeks since the accident and the doctor says I'm finally strong enough to be discharged. I'm still on bed rest for another month so I have to take a break from work and other activities that could interrupt my healing process.

"You ready, Mia?" Ramone asked.

I nodded, "Yep, just ready to be back in my own home and in my own bed. These hospital beds are awful," I frowned.

Ramone chuckled, "Yeah, I know you are. Rocki's going to meet us at the house. She had to take care of some things, but she'll be there," he informed me.

"That's cool. I just want to get home and go to sleep!" I groaned in annoyance.

I hate being in the hospital. The smell, germs, and don't even get me started on the lumpy ass bed.

Once we pulled up to my house, I gladly got out of the car and made my way to my front door while Ramone struggled to carry my bags. What are best friends for though right?

I unlocked the door and pushed it open. I breathed in the fresh air that traveled throughout my apartment. My leg started to bother me so I made my way to the couch. I sat down and sighed in relief. Mone' walked through the door and rolled his eyes at me.

"Bitch, you lucky you're crippled right now. I am not your maid," he complained.

I giggled, "For the next few weeks you are!" I stuck my tongue at playfully.

"Yeah whatever. Spoiled ass. Where is your nigga at? This his job, shit!"

I sighed, "We got into it and it was pretty serious. I don't know when I'm going to hear from him again," I replied truthfully.

I'm going to give him space and time but shit it's hard! I miss his kisses, jokes, and him spoiling me with gifts and attention. I got used to the idea of having somebody cherish me and I got attached. Now that he's not here, I don't know how I'm going to deal with all Dominic's bullshit. I got tested for HIV in the hospital after I explained my situation to my doctor and the results came back negative. I still have to go back in six months though just to get a follow up test to assure that the first test results we're accurate. I haven't broke the news to him yet. I will whenever he decides when he's ready to talk to me.

"Okay well," Ramone rolled his eyes, "What was the argument about?"

"Basically Malea called me explaining how Dominic has HIV and that's what caused me to get into the accident. I told Brendon trying to be a honest girlfriend or whatever the fuck I am to him and he said he needs time. Haven't talked to him since," I shrugged.

Ramone's eyes widened dramatically, "HIV? Oh fuck no.  As soon as you heal completely, somebody house getting shot the fuck up!" he shouted angrily.

"Mone', relax. The results came back negative, but I'm still disgusted at the fact that Dominic would even stoop that low. Shit is kinda sad actually," I sighed.

He rolled his eyes, "Yeah, I'll chill for now. Don't let me catch that hoe Malea' cause it's definitely on site. That trifling bitch is getting dragged down the street. Oooh wait til Rocki hear this shit! She gonna get in her ass!"

"She's pregnant so it really ain't shit we can do. She definitely can get popped in her mouth though. Sad ass hoe. She so pressed for my old nigga and got a whole different nigga sitting at home. Who the fuck..?"

Ramone snickered, "Time to ruin that bitch life."

I raised my eyebrow, "What type of plan you got cookin' in that big ass head of yours?"

He smirked, "Well we're gonna ruin that hoe life. We gonna black list her ass since she wanna fuck with my  best friend. Plus I'm tired of this tired hoe talking reckless like she's what poppin," he scoffed.

"See, nope. I'm crippled as hell and I don't got time to fucking with her childish ass. Shit, I'm praying to God that Dominic doesn't show up here. That's one fucked up individual that I just want to be done with already."

"I feel you, Mimi, but you know I wouldn't let anything happen to you. Plus you got Brendon to protect you," Ramone smirked.

"We're not even on speaking terms right now. I texted him a few times letting him know I was getting discharged today and got no reply."

"Just give him some more time. Maybe he's just busy or something and didn't see your text," Ramone suggested.

I shrugged, "It is what it is. Only thing I can do is wait because I'm not going to keep bothering him and blowing up his phone. No shade, but I need to focus on more important things like getting better so I can get back to this money. Right now, I'll see if I can do a few little side jobs to keep my head above water, but I should be fine."

Physically, I feel okay. I feel better. Mentally, I feel like shit. I haven't forgot about the bomb that my mother dropped on me before she left the hospital. That woman is really the devil in the flesh. I mean how could she lie to me all these years? My dad will always be my dad, but it's just not fair to anyone you know. I wonder if she even told daddy before he died. Maybe she really planned on taking that secret to the grave.

"What's on your mind, Mia? I know it's something bigger and deeper than Brendon," he sat down on the couch beside me and propped his feet up.

"Get your nasty ass feet off my couch, Ramone," I scoffed. He knows I hate that shit. "Anyways, it's just some shit with my mother, as always. It's always some bullshit with her and I just want it to end," I replied honestly.

Truthfully, I wasn't ready to talk about it with anyone. My mom literally stabbed me in the back and I just don't know how I'm going to get over this.

A knock on the door interrupted my thoughts and our conversation.

"That must be Rocki," I smiled.

"I got it, sit back and relax," Ramone demanded.

Ramone got up and opened the door, but by the look on his face I don't think it was Rocki at the door.

"Mone, who is it?"

He shook his head and stepped aside. In walked Malea, bloody, battered, and beaten.

Guyssss the semester ended so updates are about to start rolling in. Excuse mistakes, it's kinda late but I wanted to finish this update.

What do you guys think of this chapter? What happened to Malea? Is Brendon wrong for not calling Mia? Will he call her back? Comment ur thoughts.

Vote & Comment