15: Momma' Knows Best

"Another day, another disappointment."

My mother walked in the door and her negative vibes smacked me in the face. The look of disappointment and disapproval plagued her aging face. Maybe if she smiled sometimes, she wouldn't have so many wrinkles. I think happiness is something she'll never have though because she doesn't know to treat people she loves.

"Another day, another disappointment," she spat as she looked me up and down in disapproval.

I sighed, "Mom, what're you doing here? I thought I made it clear last time I talked to you that I didn't want anything to do with you."

She snickered, "I'm your mother. You can dismiss me and expect me to listen. What have you gotten yourself into?" she questioned as she inspected the hospital room.

"Ma please," I sighed, "I don't need a lecture or one of your talks so if that's what you're here for then just go please," I said nicely.

I didn't want to argue with her. I wanted to wash my hands of her. She's made it clear what she thinks of me and I don't need that negative energy around me. Not if I'm going to quit doing cocaine, not if I was trying to better myself. She's nothing, but a dark, evil cloud that hovers over you reminding you of how worthless you are. I'm tired.

"Mia Parson, I asked you a question," she said sternly.

I rubbed my forehead with my free and huffed in frustration.

"I got in a car accident, mother. Obviously," I snapped back.

She nodded, "Mm, we're you high?" she asked bluntly.

"Excuse you? What're you talkin -, " she cut me off rudely.

"Mia, come on now. I know about your little problem and that's why I'm here. As soon as they give you the okay, you're going to rehab. I've already made the arrangements and everything."

I rolled my eyes, "I don't need to go to rehab, ma. I'm fine,"I scoffed. 

"Well you're going!" 

"No I'm not. I'm a grown ass women and I don't need you waltzing in here one again making big decisions like that for me. I'm so sick of you. I wish I could just be done with you, but you keep fucking coming back!" I shouted in rage.

This woman provokes a new type of angry in me. 

She gasped, "Mia, you will learn to respect me damnit!"

"How can I possibly respect a woman who makes her daughter feel like shit every time she gets? How can I possibly respect a woman who belittles her only child and continuously degrades her in unimaginable ways. You're sad excuse of a woman, better yet of a person!" I spat angrily.

"You don't know all of the shit you've put me through little girl so you watch how the hell you talk to me!" 

I scoffed, "I put you through?! If you think I'm so fucked up in the head, did you ever stop to think about why?!" You made me this way! You made me grow up with "I'm not good enough" in the back of my mind 24/7! You made me!" I shouted back.

"I didn't do a damn thing, but love you. I made sure you we're the best and you threw it all away when your father died. You're a failure!"

"A failure? How ma? Cause I'm not doing what you want me to do. All of my bills are paid on time every single month, I own a car, and I'm living pretty damn good if you ask me. So you tell me!"

"You're a goddamn stripper! You think that's success?!" she spat in disgust.

"I'm not a stripper! Plus even if I was, I make more money than you can in a year. We ain't even in same tax bracket!"

She shook her head, "You little bitch! How dare you!"

I sighed, "I think it's time for you to go," I said simply.

"You know what I tried to protect you from this dark secret that has haunted me for years, but I don't care about protecting you anymore. You turned out exactly how I didn't want you too.."

"What are you talking about?" I questioned suspiciously.

"Well -," she was cut off the  by the doctor walking in.

"Mia Parson, your vitals are looking good, but your injuries need to heal so I'm putting you on bed rest. You can be released, but I would recommend no heavy activity right now."

I nodded and sighed heavily. I'm glad I have enough money to keep my head over the water even in a situation like this. I've never felt so alone to be honest. Between my mother, Dominic and his bullshit, and Brendon walking out, all i had left was Ramone, Rocki and myself. Maybe that's how it was always supposed to be.

The doctor nodded and cleared his throat and walked out the room. 

"Okay well what's the big secret?!" I snapped at my mother.

She smirked, "No need for the hostility. You know your uncle Bryce right?"

I nodded slowly in confusion. 

"What about him?"

"There's no easy way to say this, but he's your father. We had an affair two years into my marriage and well you came along," she confessed, "Your father was just so weak. He let me whatever I want with his naive, no back bone having ass," she scoffed.

"Get the fuck out of this hospital room right now," I spat between clenched teeth. 

She gasped, "Wait a damn minute now, I -," 

I picked up the pitcher of water and launched it right in her direction.

"Get the fuck out, you vindictive, miserable, classless bitch! You are not my mother and that man is not my father. I hate you and I always have. I want you out of my life for good. I mean it!" I shouted in rage. 

If I was able to get up right now, I probably would've beat her ass.

"I'll be back," she grabbed her belongings calmly and began walking towards the door.

"Go to hell."

Long overdue and I apologize. 

Comment and Vote :)