23: LuvisLuv

Epilogue

5 Months Later

"Push Mia!" the nurse instructed.

Sweat beads dripped down my forehead rapidly as I pushed my baby out. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for my son to arrive, but goddamn. It feels like my insides are ripping with each push.

"Come on, baby! You got this!" Brendon coached as I squeezed the shit out of his hand.

I took a deep breath and gave one more strong push. Moments later, I heard my son's cries and tears began spilling out of my eyes. After the nurses cleaned him off, they handed him to Brendon. I'll never forget the joy in Brendon's eyes as he cut his umbilical cord. I'm also thankful that I was lucky enough to give him not only his first child, but his first son.

"You did it baby!" Brendon smiled as he handed me our child.

He's so light right now, but hopefully he gets our color. He's an exact replica of his father which isn't a bad thing. He's perfect.

"Have you guys decided on a name?" the nurse asks.

"Amari Justin Carter," I announced proudly.

She smiled, "Beautiful choice. After we make sure his health is up to par, I'll bring him back for feeding and to talk to you about some of the basics you may to need to know," she explained.

I nodded, "Okay," I sighed, sad that he was leaving me even if he's only gone for a little bit.

"Thank you, baby," Brendon kissed my forehead as he stroked my face softly.

"For what?"

"For carrying our son for nine months and giving birth to him. Words can't explain the love I have for you and baby boy. Y'all matter the most and can't nobody or nothing come in between that," he stressed.

My love. My gift. My better half.

"I'm glad I did it all witchu'," I reply honestly.

"Marry me then," he suggested.

Marriage? Whoa.

"You wanna marry me?" I asked.

"Yeah, dead ass. Big wedding or small wedding. Shit, we don't even have to have a wedding if you don't want to. I just know I want you to be my wife." 

I grinned, "Of course I'll marry you baby!" I squealed.

He started cheesing widely making me giggle.

"We getting married then," he then placed kisses all over my face.

I'm getting married and I just gave birth to my beautiful son. I say this to say you can make it out a bad situation if you really want too. It won't be easy, but it'll damn sure be worth it in the end. 

Short epilogue. 

Really hope you guys enjoyed this story because I loved writing it. This version is actually a rewrite and continued version of this story. I can honestly say it turned out the way I wanted so I'm thankful.

Stay tuned for new story updates and follow me.