Chapter 14

°•°Steven's POV°•°

Endless seconds.

Endless minutes.

Endless hours.

The amount of time Lauren and I sat in the hospital lobby seemed to be endless. People came and went throughout that long hours, but we never got up from those uncomfortable, plastic chairs.

Finally, Lauren was managing to get a little bit of sleep with her head resting on my shoulder and my arms wrapped tightly around her. She stayed curled up in the chair next to me, and the both of us leaned against each other.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when suddenly my phone began buzzing on my leg. My eyes trailed down to the screen to see it was my work office calling. With a sigh, I denied the call.

After a few minutes, I took a glance down at Lauren before placing a single kiss on her head.

"Hmm?" She mumbled, her eyes fluttering open slightly.

"Nothing, Laur," I whispered. "Go back to sleep. You really need it."

She shook her head. "No, I'm already awake." Lauren lifted one hand up to rub her eyes.

For a moment, it seemed as if Lauren expected us both to have dozed off at home while sitting on a couch. But, when she opened her eyes, her face fell, for we were still waiting in the hospital. I saw the distress in Lauren's face and reached out to take her hand in mine.

"I want to go home," Lauren mumbled.

"I know, Laur," I replied.

Lauren then looked down at her phone to look at the time.

3:27

Her eyes went wide. "Steven, you have to be at work!" She said, sitting up to look at me.

I shook my head, running my fingers through my hair once. "I'm not going until all of this mess gets sorted out. Your safety and Bella's safety are priority."

"You'll be fired Steven," Lauren continued on, her eyes pleading with mine.

"Maybe they'll make an exception considering the circumstances," I replied.

Lauren pressed her lips together in a straight line and leaned her head on my shoulder once again. After a few moments, I heard her mumble something to herself.

"I'm scared," she whispered. By her tone of voice, I could tell that I wasn't supposed to hear her words.

I reached over and placed two fingers under her chin, turning her head to look up at me. Lauren's eyes were a light shade of red with tears rolling out of them.

"We're going to be okay, Lauren," I said softly. "All three of us."

"Four," she whispered. "All four of us."

It took me a moment to fully process her words, for they were a complete shock to me. My mouth opened slightly and my eyes widened. It wasn't that I wasn't happy or that I was upset. It was simply the where and how I had to find out.

I stole a glance at Lauren who I could tell was about to break down.

My hands gently gripped onto hers. "Lauren," I began. "Lauren, look at me." She finally lifted her head to look at me in the eyes. "We're going to get through this. We're going to figure all of this out."

"You're not mad at me?" She questioned with a whimper. "For not telling you."

Then, I wrapped my arms around Lauren and pulled her to my chest. "No, I could never be mad about something like this," I said. "I'm so happy, Laur. Our family is going to be bigger."

A silence lingered between the two of us for a few seconds before I suggested, "Why don't we go ask someone where there's a shower, and we'll get cleaned up. Maybe it'll make you feel a bit better."

She gave me a nod before both of us stood up to walk over to the front desk.

•°•°•°•°•

°•°Lauren's POV°•°

It took me longer than normal to pull off all my clothes and pull out my hairband, for I felt nothing but numb. I had carried the same, blank facial expression all throughout the day.

Steven was already in the shower when I began to fold up my clothes, and I placed them on a small shelf in the bathroom.

As soon as I stepped into the shower, the hot water began to run down my body. Steven's arms instantly wrapped around my waist, pulling my back against his chest gently. I leaned my head back on his, and finally allowed myself to break down.

I had been holding it all in since the accident, only letting little bits of emotion out at a time. But, since I was alone with just Steven, I let myself break.

"I promise you, babe," Steven whispered in my ear. "We're going to be okay." 

He let his hands rest on my stomach, rubbing his thumbs over it softly.

"All four of us."

A/N
Chapter question: Do you guys think Bella will be okay??

I bet you guys didn't see that coming! I suddenly decided to make Lauren get pregnant because of what I have planned for the future of this book, and it'll work really well with the plot.