Chapter 8

°•°3rd person°•°

Bella sat quietly at the kitchen table in her father's house early the next morning, busy doing small activities given to her by her teacher at school. Because of the past events that consisted of Steven, Lauren, and the strange man with the gun, Bella was uneasy. The small girl couldn't help but feel slight terror at her father, for he held a gun to another man's face, even though that man was trying to hurt her. Bella's innocent mind was utterly confused, causing mixed emotions when Steven walked into the kitchen that morning.

It was silent for a couple minutes after Steven walked in alone. Bella continued doing her school work while Steven began to make a cup of coffee.

The lingering silence was soon broken when Steven said to his daughter, "Hey, Bella."

Bella hesitate before replying with a quiet, "Hi...." Her voice trailed off and she kept her eyes down.

It was particularly hard for Steven to make conversation with the young girl because of the fact that they hadn't had much time to talk at all since the incident at Lauren's house.

"How did you sleep?"

"Okay I guess," Bella responded, once again with her voice quiet.

Steven held onto his coffee cup tightly, taking a small sip before sitting down at the table with Bella. "What's wrong?" He asked.

Bella avoided eye contact with her father, not answering his question.

"Bella?" Steven questioned. "Are you going to answer me?"

This time, Bella stopped writing on her schoolwork with her pencil.

"I asked you a question." Steven's voice was now stern. Suddenly, he brought his fist down onto the table and yelled, "Isabella Yeun!"

Bella jumped in her chair, and he head shot up to look at Steven, complete and utter fear shown through her eyes.

Steven could see the tears forming in bella's eyes, causing his face to soften. "Bella...." He said, his tone sympathetic. He then reached out slightly to Bella, but she quickly jerked away. The small girl ended up falling out of her chair, herself crawling backwards away from Steven in fear.

"Bella...." Steven continued.

"No!" Bella cried out.

It was then when Lauren walked into the kitchen to find to Bella crawling away from Steven in fear.

"Mommy!" Bella instantly scrambled over to Lauren and hugged her legs tightly.

"What's going on?" Lauren asked.

"I'm scared of daddy," Bella whispered to her mother.

Lauren then knew what was happening. She put the pieces together and realized that the past events involving the man with the gun and Steven and herself fighting.

Lauren hesitated for a moment before picking Bella up into her arms. "I....I think it's best that we go."

"What? Why?!" Steven asked quickly with a confused tone, for just the night before Lauren had forgiving him for everything he had done.

"Where are you going to go?" He continued to ask questions. "You can't go back to your old house....it's not safe!"

"We'll find somewhere," Lauren replied. "I just think we should go."

Without waiting to listen to another word, Lauren grabbed her bag from the kitchen counter and walked out the front door of Steven's house, Bella held in her arms.

A/N
Why do you guys think Lauren decided to suddenly leave???

Sorry for such a short/late update. Things have just been really hard lately.... :(