CHAPTER 3-THE ACCIDENT

Start from the beginning

"I heard that the game was back on...." Coach Mike's voice trails away when he sees us, "Great job, boys! Good thinking, Chase! Oh, Trina. Don't give me that face." Coach Mike said with a puppy dog face that just looks terrifying.
"Coach, can you stop?" Chad asked
"Oh, Mikel Quison. You look defeated even before our game. Oh, and what do you have here?" Coach Dres looked at me and the figurine skaters, "Is that your captain?? He looks like he could be a bamboo stick!" He mocked me. I lunged forward.

"Bulldogs! Hold Chase down!" Coach Mike commanded. Coach Des looked shocked and amused by my reactions
"Well, we have a hothead. This game's gonna be interesting." He said

"Chase! On the bench!" Coach Mike said. I could hear the snickering of the Flying Fuckers, oops, my bad, Flying Fishes.

"Chase, we're sorr-"
"You did nothing. I was the one who wanted to attack and kill the butthole." I admitted
"We'll do our best."
"You better. Or else."
"YES, CAPTAIN!" They all said.
"HUDDLE UP BULLDOGS! Except for Chase." Coach Mike said. I sat down next to the skaters and stayed away from the glued substance.

"You know what? What's the matter?" I said to the skaters, who I think wasn't even listening. I stood up and faced Trina.

"Sorry. To all of you. I'm going to remove your tapes. And every pain you want me to feel, I will accept it with open arms." I gently removed the tape from their hands and feet.

"I accept your apology." I turned around and saw Trina standing, looking at me with a sad determined look on her face, "I understand that being a captain is hard work. And all of them are counting on you. And you know what? I've been judged so many times it feels like I've been being stabbed." She said. Her tears falling. The arena starting to fill up.

I didn't care. I have the same feeling. 

"Could I get a captain hug?" I ask shyly, she chuckled and nodded then hugged her.

"Thanks. I really needed that." I said to her.
"If you have problems with being a captain, don't be scared to talk it out with me." She said wiping the tears away. I pushed away from the hug and walked to the bench.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
(Sarah)

Lord of the Flies......
I'm scared and so amazed all at the same time I don't know how to feel. So many emotions.

"Leo? Leo?" I said to his closed eyes. I checked his pulse. No heartbeat. A friend that always would be with me. He was proud of me for who I am. And he was proud of things I'm not so proud of me.

"I hope you rest in a better place than I do. I'm so proud to have a friend like you. You've been so brave and strong. I now have inspiration and an idol all in one person. And obviously, that's you." I said to him. My tears slowly fill my eyes and blur my vision.

I slept holding Leo's hand. And woke up with a horrified nurse's scream.

"Rachel, I'm sorry for your loss."
"I'm not sure if I'm sad that he's gone or the fact that I'm happy because he's in a better place," I said honestly
"One last goodbye to your good ol' pal here?" She asked. I took in a deep breath and gave it my all.

"Well, Leo, you've had the most rollercoaster life I've ever heard. You've been very supportive of me and I'm eternally grateful that you are the few people that I truly consider a friend. And I wouldn't doubt be proud and honored to have shared the last few moments with you in this... place. I thank you for being the only fan and a truly proud one of our band. And I wish that you could've seen The Outcasts perform one day in a big ol' arena." I said to his lifeless body.

"He sounded like a great boy."
"He was and will always be."
"I saw you two watch something on your laptop and you two looked like a mighty fine cute couple."
"Well, even if I like him and he liked me. My friend likes him and I don't dishonor the girl code."
"That's a real shame..."
"True. And now I have to move on and still remember him in a good positive way."
"I have to deliver the news to the parents. Any more words to say to your pal?"
"No words can describe," I said and hugged him.