Chapter 1

I was awoken by Black Veil Brides, Rebel Love, blasting in my ear. I sat up and found my phone going off. Ugh, how I loath school. I turned my alarm off and lied back down, trying to go back to sleep.

"Abigail Marie Johnson, get up or you'll be late!" My mom yelled as she barged into my room.

"I'm awake." I groaned.

I got out of bed and got dressed. I put on my favorite black, spaghetti-strapped, mini dress, black ripped leggings, combat boots, and to top it off, a Sleeping with Sirens T-shirt. I may not care about the stupid dress code, but I already got detention because of it and that was the longest two hours of my life that I'll never get back. I looked in the mirror and put on some smokey grey eye shadow, lots of eye liner, and my black lipstick. I then put a skull clip in my midnight colored hair. Once I knew I was set, I exited my room.

I walked down the stairs, into the kitchen and went straight for the coffee pot. Okay, I'm like seriously obsessed with coffee, if I don't get it, then I turn into your worst nightmare.

"Can't you were anything besides that?" My mom asked me while I was stirring the milk with the coffee.

"No." I replied.

She didn't say anything, but instead sighed. I looked at the clock and saw that the bus would be here any minute, so I chugged the rest of my delicious coffee, ran upstairs and grabbed my Black Butler book bag and ran out the door.

I usually sit alone on the bus; I mean come on, who would want to sit with a goth freak like me? Anyway, I prompt my feet on the seat, put my ear buds in, blasted We Came As Romans, and got out my Vampire Kisses book from my bag. You know, I'm almost like the girl in the book, Raven; an outcast to the town and her family, only has one friend, lives for the night and despises the sun. The only thing different is, she has a vampire boyfriend, the knight of nights, the dreamy Alexander Sterling.

Once I got off the bus at the prison I was forced into, Belleville High, I quickly headed for the courtyard, sat under a tree that blocked out the morning sun, and continued reading.

"Abby!" I hear a familiar voice call me. I knew exactly who it was so I didn't need to look up.

"Hello Noel." I said when I knew the person was right in front me.

"How did you know it was me?" Noel asked between catching her breath.

"You're the only one who calls me Abby, let alone the only one who actually talks to me." I answered as she sat beside me.

"Okay, whatever. Oh, you are never going to believe what I got yesterday." Noel said, digging into her Batman bag. She then held out a CD in my face. The cover of the album had two people on it, a boy and girl, and they were both covered in blood and at the top it read My Chemical Romance, which I'm guessing is the band name and Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge is the album title, ether way it sounds cool.

"My Chemical Romance." I said. "Who are they?"

Noel gave me the weirdest look, I could tell she was surprised that I never heard of them. "They are only the coolest band ever." She said. "This is only their second album, I didn't have enough to buy the others. Oh and they're coming out with a new album on November 22nd, called Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys. I'm so excited." She said.

"Cool." I said, looking back at my book, but it was quickly snatched out of my hands. "Hey, give it back!"

"Abby, don't you think it's funny that I'm telling you about a band when usually you tell me?" Noel asked.

"Yeah, I guess, now give me back my book!"

"Okay fine." I took the book out of her hands and glared at her.

"Here, I want you to borrow it so that way I know for sure you listened to them." Noel said, handing me the case. I turned it over to read the song titles and saw a picture of the world's most hottest guys.

"Whoa, who are they?" I asked, staring at the picture, practically drooling.

"That's the members." Noel replied.

"He's really hot, who is he?" I asked, pointing to the guy in the middle.

"Oh him? That's Gerard Way, he's the lead vocalist." Noel said. "You know, you and him are pretty much a like." She continued.

I looked at her for a moment. "We are? How?"

"Well to start off, you love to draw. Gerard is all about art, he went to an art school and made a comic book series, several actually. You sing and have an amazing voice, so does he. You both obsess over coffee. And not to mention, you both have a sassy attitude." Noel explained.

"So what are you saying? I'm related to Gerard Way?" I asked.

"It's possible." Noel replied. "Look, I even realized this, you have brown eyes."

"So?"

"Nobody on your family has brown eyes, not your mom or dad, not even the people on ether side of your family has brown eyes."

"Not true, my mom said that my great, great grandmother, Melinda, had brown eyes, and I got them from her." I said.

"I still say that you're related to him somehow. Maybe you guys are cousins!" Noel squealed.

"Unlikely, I've been to so many family reunions and I haven't seen him at any of them. Besides, even if I was, I'm sure my mom or someone in my family would have told me that we were related to a famous rock star." I said.

The first bell rung and we set off for class. Throughout the day, I couldn't focus. All I could think of was what Noel and I were talking about. What if I was related to Gerard? And if I was, why hasn't my mom told me? Something didn't seem right.

I finally got home and both my parents were at work, though my mom will get off and be here pretty soon. I went into my room and sat at my desk. I took the CD from my bag and put in my laptop, threw the case on my bed, and began listening to the album. Noel was right, these guys are awesome. Looks like I got another band to add to my playlist.

"Abigail are you home?" My mom asked, coming in the house.

"In my room, like always!" I replied.

"Hey your grandmother is coming in to town tonight and were all meeting her at Fascino's, so I want you to look presentable." My mom asked.

"Whatever." I mumbled.

"What are you listening to?"

"Oh it's this really cool band Noel told me about. They're called-"

"My Chemical Romance?" My mom answered, holding the case. "No, there is no way I'm having this in my house. Abigail, where did you get this?"

"It's Noel's, she let me borrow it." I replied.

"Where's the CD?" She asked.

"It's in my laptop."

"Hand it over." I took the CD out and she snatched it from my hand.

"I do not want you to ever listen to this band ever again. I'm putting this in my room and tomorrow you will give it right back to Noel. If I find out that you snuck it back into this house, then I will destroy it and you will be the one to pay back Noel. Do you understand me, young lady?"

"But-" I started.

"Do. You. Understand?" She repeated.

"Yes'm am." I said.

"Good, now hurry up and get ready." She said, then left.

I hate my mom, she always has to take away the things I love. Though, to be honest, this is the first band my mom ever forbids me from listening to. I listen to Black Veil Brides, Falling in Revers, Avenge Sevenfold and even Blood on the Dance Floor. Sure my mom hates them, but she allows me to listen to them. So why is My Chemical Romance more worse? Well, whatever the reason is, I'm not going down without a fight. It's a good thing I synced the album onto my computer.