23. Rich Rags

23

There really wasn’t a place on the planet that I felt I didn’t belong more than that school.  I could look around and easily see that no one was the same as me and that the fact that they were popular or rich was the one thing they had going for them.  Again, there were those studious types, but they weren’t visible until I walked into class and they had their noses buried in books.

Bit by bit, the groups of who I’m assuming to be annoying people, flowed into the classroom and each time there was one girl who saw me and then gave the others a ‘who the hell is that?’ look.

I sighed and just turned to look out the window.

Suddenly I heard a lot of giggling and whispering.  In my peripherals I saw the girl in front of me straighten up and giggle to her friend.

I ignored it though. 

Then it happened.  I made every girl in the class hate my freaking guts the moment a deep voice rang out, “Abby is that you?!”

My head snapped up and walking over with a huge smile was Wyatt and he had some friends trailing behind him and they all just sat themselves down around me. 

“What are you doing here?” He asked with a little surprised laugh.

“Oh, uh, well I just transferred here.” I shrugged.

“Ah…because of what happened?” He asked hesitantly.

I nodded. “Yeah, my parents and Chase thought it would be safer.  Plus being at school was becoming exceedingly difficult. What’re you doing here? I didn’t know you went to school so close.”

“I see. Yeah, well it’s not that close.” He laughed, “It’s a good twenty minutes just from your house, plus I live another twenty five minutes the opposite way.  I just started going this year though.  My mom liked the amount of opportunities they provide here, plus I’m starting on the football team.”

“Wow.” I replied, surprised.

I looked around really fast to see all the girls with genuinely angry facial expressions whispering to their little friends. ‘Boy obsessed bitches.’ I thought to myself.

Then I made eye contact with one and she sneered at me and rolled her eyes.

“Jesus, what is wrong with these people?” I asked Wyatt. “I mean I get you’re a varsity starter and model or whatever, but man, they could be a little kinder.” I laughed.

“Well, actually we’re all the first string players.” He said motioning the other guys sitting around me.

“Oh.” I laughed a little, “I guess I get it, but why do they need to sit there and be all insecure about themselves because boys aren’t paying attention to them?”