6. Rich Rags

6

“Oh…my…God…” Trish said as we drove up my real house.  Earlier we had spent the entire day messing around with the boys and then Trish and I excused ourselves to go to ‘my house’, where we were picked up and made our way to my real house.

She was in full awe as we approached the front door.  “This is your house?!”

“Uh…yeah.” I smiled.

“I can’t wait to see your room! Let’s go!” She said running inside.  “Lead the way!” She called to me.

I laughed and went ahead of her and led her to my room.  The whole time she was just looking around with wide eyes.

I finally opened the door to my room and she ran in.  “Wow!” She exclaimed. The room was a mix of light blue and beige.  My queen sized bed was covered in a light blue down comforter and the posts were draped with see through beige curtains and the walls were light blue with beige carpet, and the furniture was all a light beige wood color.  Then on the wall opposite of her bed, and huge window, that actually was partly a door that led out on to a terrace, were two doors.  One led to the bathroom, and the other to the huge closet.

“This room is freaking amazing.” She said looking all around.  “How do you ever leave?!”

“I dunno.” I laughed, “I’ve just lived here my whole life.”

“Yes, and the whole world is jealous.” She laughed.

I smiled, “Well, you can come over anytime!”

She giggled excitedly and looked over at my closet, “Is that…?”

“Yes, it’s my closet.  Go for it!  If you see anything you like take it.  But maybe run it by me first, because I think there’s certain things my mom wants me to have.”

“I love you!” She screamed, running off to the gargantuan closet.

I chuckled and walked over to my bed.  After a few minutes there was a light knock at my door.  I ran over and whipped it open, revealing my mom.  “Hey!”

“Hey sweetheart, I heard we have a guest.” She said excitedly walking into the room.

“Yes we do, right now she’s looking through my obnoxiously huge closet.” I laughed, “And enjoying every second.”

“Oh I bet.” She giggled. “Well, I’ll come by a little later and bring some snacks.  How’s mini sandwiches sound?”

“Wonderful mom.” I smiled.

“Great! I’ll leave you two to hang out for a little while.” She said stepping back out.

I shut the door behind her and trotted over to the closet to see how Trish was doing.