Viewing the contract I realised the plan had been made by Merlyn herself. At first I couldn't believe it but that thought was soon lost when I saw her signature, sealing the deal. She was stupid enough to assume a bunch of humans could kill me. Even if they are trained they are nothing compared to my enhanced strength. She probably underestimated me.

Returning home with a busted lip and bags of haphazardly placed items wasn't a scene mom was expecting to see. Especially when a twenty minutes grocery shopping extends to become a two hour long interrogation.

I had brushed it off but she urged me on, it was her idea to mail it to her parents and the dean. I don't like getting legal things in my drama but after trying to kill me, I agreed that she deserved the worst.

How can someone be that blindly in love? I could sympathise with the fact that she felt threatened but trying to kill someone is taking it to another level that was not humane.

"Caleb, I've got to make a quick trip to the library, I'll see you in third hour?"

"Sure, take care." He shot me a smile and went his way.
I gave him a swift nod and walked away. I kept my head low tugging at the hoddie to cover my busted lip and bruised cheek. I had not paid attention to make up in the morning, wanting to face Merlyn as soon as I could. If someone missed the show in the morning, one look at my face was enough to retell the story.

The library was a personal heaven, most don't wish to spend their time in a library but I adore the little stacks of old books and that peculiar smell.

Taking a book on the moon goddess I sat in a quiet corner, I wanted to know more about how she thought mates would help us, they sure seemed like a curse to me.

The moon goddess at first made human shifters only as an experiment, seeing that they bonded so well she let the species continue.

She saw in wolves many qualities which could help mankind love in a beautiful manner, live together. A wolf quite as a human is a social being but unlike humans they are extremely loyal.

Every being has their other half, the one that completes them but humans don't have the proper senses to detect them. Animals, whereas, can find their mates easily.
Werewolves are gifted with this ability to find mates, love them and mate with them.

No other werewolf can love you as your mate, you can't love another.
Rejection is something known to only humans, a wolf is incapable of rejecting his/her true soul mate.
Once a mate gets rejected or rejects he/she loses their mate in no time. The pain increasing considerably each day.

To finish the bond both sides have to accept the rejection and face the chance of weakening their wolf.

I snapped the book shut making the sound reverberate in the empty hall. Pinching the bridge of my nose, I placed the book back in its shelf and made my way out of the library. That book only stated things I was well acquainted with. Though one thing did bother me, wasn't Sylvester worried about weakening his wolf? That was a big cost to pay as an Alpha.

Rounding the corner I hit a wall causing me to lose my balance, before I could hit the ground a pair of arms wrapped around my waist keeping me on my feet which were accompanied by the tingling feeling shooting up my sides. My mate had made an appearance.

"Let me go." I said through gritted teeth looking straight into his grey eyes.

"Are you sure about that?" He murmured into my hair loosening his hold on my waist, hoping to see me disbalance and reach out to him for assistance but I'd rather die than depend on him.

"Yes, I'm perfectly sure." I stood on my feet making distance between us and shrugged his hand off my sides. I could recognise that look on his face, confusion. Was that all he saw in women? The damsel in distress?

"How did you-" he trailed off.
"I'm not in need for your help. I don't need a man to keep me on my feet." I said in an unwavering voice. I moved around him to walk away.
"I'm sorry for what Merlyn did." He whispered behind me, remorse coating his tone. He thought he could have prevented it.

"Oh, are you? For all I know you might have told her to do your dirty work." I laughed bitterly, the ugly truth about his behavior before seeping through my thoughts.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm saying, no mate no problems. That is low, even for someone like you. " My voice was loud, echoing in the hallway but I was past caring.
I knew he hadn't done anything but it felt good screaming at him. It felt good to scream.

"Delphi," A shiver went down my shine as he said my name in a way that I had never heard before, "I am sorry. Can we talk?" I scrunched my face at him. How could he even suggest that?

"No. In-fact, I would like to end this. I, Delphi Lillian Westworld, ace-" Before I could finish he placed a hand on my mouth. I resisted the urge to lean into his touch.

"No." He said firmly. He let go of me slowly when he realised I would not pursue the topic further.

"Make up your mind, Alpha." My voice was close to cracking. There were too many emotions pent up and he was pushing all the wrong buttons. I had to leave or else I would end up doing something I regretted. He would never see me cry.

"Hey, why are you crying?" Caleb asked catching me in his arms. I had made it out of his sight but fell right in Caleb's.
"I don't know." I replied leaning into him, wondering why the angry tears made an appearance.

"Look at me, Delphi." He said taking my face in his hands. His eyes filled with concern.
"Did you-" he started but a growl cut him off.

"Get your hands off her."

"And why?" Caleb said as I shakingly wiped my tears before I could turn and say a few words to the intruder.

"Because she is mine, Alpha Caleb. "

"Yours, you say. What have you done to claim that, Alpha Sylvester? "

"I don't need to answer you. She is mine. Stay away from her." Sylvester stated darkly, seemingly seeing reason in his demands.

"Anyone can stay with me. It is my decision. " I shot back before Caleb could say anything.

"It isn't anymore, mate. Should have accepted the rejection when you had a chance." Sylvester took steps towards me, I had unfortunately somehow managed to get away from Caleb.

"Who does what with you, is my problem now. You get that? I don't let anyone touch what is mine. And you, Delphi, are all mine." He whispered the last part in my ear making involuntarily shivers run up my spine.
He left taking confident steps, disappearing from my view. I stood there frozen at what had just happened confused at the unbelievable change in his attitude.

I'm his?

******
Comments required! What do you think about Sylvester's behaviour?

Vote!
Love,
Rojesta <3