Chapter 6

"Ummm. No." Cinder swiped with her metal hand at the gown that clung to her skin.

"Why? It's gorgeous! Makes you look sexy for handsome king," the seamstress waggled her eyebrows, her heavily accented voice loud.

"No thank you." Cinder replied uncomfortably, swiping at the fabric that wouldn't move, stretched tight along her thin body.

"Sure?" She raised another eyebrow.

"Erm... Yes."

"Are you sure? No sexy for hot emperor?"

"Yes, I'm sure." Cinder cringed as the wrinkled lady (think Mulan's grandma, lol, idk) hobbled out, in search of a less sexy gown for the still hot emperor's ball.

* * *

Kai groaned. 

"These shoes pinch" he wriggled his phalanges inside the stiff leather.

"They are Italian, and look lovely with your outfit, you Imperial Majesty," the man shined out a scuff against the leather, from Kai's constant fidgeting. 

"They pinch,"

"That's life, your majesty," the man blew a straw mustache hair from his lip, and stood up, in one swift, fluid motion. 

"Just Kai,"

"That's just life, just Kai," the man winked, leaving a shiny pair of shoes behind, with Kai in pinch shoes and a confused expression on his face. 

Authors Note: sorry this chapter was so short. I'll try and update more, but my schedule is disintegrated. I will post chapters as they are written. Thanks and sorry, PPG