freshmen year

"Mummy."

That was the first thing Jay heard at what felt like five in the morning.

"Mummy."

The same voice repeated as Jay's eyes remained closed, however, this time a small poke was also administered to her exposed cheek.

"Mummy."

The drawled out again, and finally Jay opened up her eyes only to be met by the soft hazel ones that could only belong to her youngest.

"Good morning, baby," Jay cooed as she sat up a quickly glanced at the clock that beeped 7:00 AM in bright red numbers. "Up a bit early today, aren't we?"

"Have'ta go shopping, mummy. R'member?" Zayn asks as he crawls his way onto the bed - sandwiched between both his mummy and daddy.

And honestly Jay couldn't help but laugh because she brought this upon herself. I mean, how else did she expect Zayn to react when just the night before she told him that once they wake up they would be going to get new school supplies (which obviously included art material).

"Baby, I meant a little later. The stores aren't even awake yet," Jay explains, hoping to get Zayn to go back to sleep, but much to her disadvantage he was wide awake now.

"C'mon, bubba, let's go watch some cartoons while we let mummy sleep bit longer," Dan says as he slowly removes himself from the bed.

Jay smiles thankfully at her husband as he helps Zayn down from the bed before helping walk down the stairs. Once they were downstairs, Dan situated Zayn in front of the TV and turned on an episode of Curious George. With the boy now distracted by the all too familiar monkey, Dan steps outside to grab the paper before joining the young one on the couch.

Over the next couple of hours Zayn managed to remain distracted by the show, and Dan was able to finish the paper. Finally, though, Jay made her way downstairs where slowly she began to put together that morning's breakfast. Just as the food was about to be finished, though, the last person in the house made his way downstairs and immediately smiled at his brother who was singing along to the theme song of the show.

"Morning mum, morning, dad," Louis mumbled through a yawn as he kissed both parents on the cheek before plopping down next to his brother.

Upon Louis sitting on the floor Zayn didn't even turn away from the TV which caused his brother to laugh a bit. Slowly Louis found himself moving his finger closer and closer to Zayn's side before quickly poking in which caused Zayn to jump in shock a bit. However, once he saw who the culprit was his face broke out into a wide grin.

"Boo!" Zayn squealed as he hugged his twin.

"Morning, Zee. You're excited today," Louis comments as he hugs his brother back as well as places a small kiss to his cheek.

"W're going art shopping later!" Zayn squealed as his tongue pushed to the back of his teeth while he was smiling.

"And other school supplies, yeah? We need to make sure you have the coolest stuff for freshman year."

"Yeah, need'a new backpack this year. You need supplies, too, Boo."

"I know, but I'll probably get mine after I start school."

"Why?" Zayn immediately asks in confusion, his attention completely away from the past show.

"Because my teachers won't give me my supply list until I meet them," Louis explains in a soft tone. "Now are you gonna come watch my football game today? It's the last one of the summer."