Peter Lies to His Best Friends

Mike walked into the pad. He was seething. He slammed the door. Peter was sitting on the couch asleep until the door slammed then he sat up and looked around.
"What's wrong, Mike?" He asked.
"Your fuckin' girlfriend, that's what," Mike said.
Peter's brow furrowed. "What do you mean?" He asked.
"So I met this girl named Carolina at a bar and I went back home with her, but your girlfriend was there," Mike said.
"Carolina's Rosemary's roommate," Peter said.
"I know that now," Mike said.
"What difference would it have made if Rosemary was there?" Peter asked.
"She interrupted us," Mike said.
Peter knew what Mike meant. He frowned and gave him a look of disgust. "You got her really drunk didn't you? Perfect for a one night stand. On a Sunday no less," Peter said.
Mike stared at Peter. Micky and Davy walked down the stairs. They saw Peter's upset expression, and Mike's shocked look.
"Hey, come on, what's going on you guys?" Micky asked as he slid down the rail of the stairs.
Peter picked up his coat and looked at Micky and Davy. "I was just about to leave," He said heading towards the door.
Micky and Davy glanced at eachother. "What's with him?" Davy asked Mike.
"Hell if I know," Mike said angrily marching past them and up the stairs to the bedroom.
Micky and Davy glanced at eachother. "What's with him?" Micky asked.
Davy shrugged.
Peter was walking alone on the streets. He was mad; so mad that he could feel burning tears pulling at the sides of his eyes. He started to breath in weird short breaths to keep the tears from spilling out of his eyes. He couldn't manage it, and they rolled down his face in a cascade of angry, emotional tears.
Peter sat down on a bench at the beach. The beach was mostly silent. He could hear the seagulls crying over something. He let out a ragged breath and covered his eyes.
"What's wrong?"
Peter looked up to Micky sitting beside him. Micky smiled and Peter breathed in to try and calm himself down. He shook his head slowly.
"It's nothing really. Me and Mike just got in a fight over something stupid," Peter said. It wasn't stupid. It wasn't anywhere near stupid, but their friendships and most importantly their band didn't need to have any problems caused by him.
Micky's brow furrowed. "It didn't sound stupid to me. You're really angry at him," He said.
Peter shook his head. "No, I was overreacting," He said. He wasn't overreacting. He knew he had plenty of reasons to be mad.
"Then explain to me why you're the one crying and he's just sitting angrily on the bed refusing to talk to Davy?" Micky asked.
"He probably thinks our argument was stupid too," Peter said. He knew Mike didn't think their argument was stupid either. He was just as furious as Peter.
Micky smiled and hugged Peter's shoulder. "Well, I'm glad it isn't serious," Micky said.
Peter smiled a small slightly forced smile. "Me too," He said.
Micky stood up. "I'm going to go back. Why don't you just make sure you're all good then come back?" He said.
"I'll do that," Peter said.
As Peter watched Micky leave he thought about how the whole situation unfolded. He knew Mike knew Carolina now. He knew Mike went home with her. He knew that Rosemary caught them in the act of something. Peter stood up and decided to go see Rosemary to ask her exactly what happened.
Peter knocked on the door of Rosemary and Carolina's apartment. A few minutes passed before Carolina answered the door. She stared at him for a moment. "What're you doing here?" She asked dryly.
"I want to talk with Rosemary," Peter said.
"She's in her room," Carolina said flippantly. "You know the way."
Peter stared at her a moment because he didn't quite understand what she meant by her comment. He walked off to Rosemary's room. He opened the door slightly to try and announce his arrival. He stuck his hand into the room. It took a few minutes before the door was opened for him.
Rosemary saw Peter and smiled. She wrapped her arms around his neck for a kiss, and he gave her a quick peck. He smiled at her, but she could tell something was wrong so she asked him what it was.
"Mike got mad at me earlier," Peter said. "That's what I'm here about. What did you walk in on?"
Rosemary explained to him that she walked in on Carolina and Mike kissing, but it was very obvious that Mike wanted more than a few kisses and hugs.
Peter shook his head. "He didn't hurt Carolina any?" He asked.
Rosemary shook her head. She told him that Carolina was really drunk, but she was still thinking pretty straight.
Peter frowned. "So I got mad at Mike for no reason?" He asked.
Rosemary shook her head. She signed that whether or not Carolina was sober or not he still got her drunk to have sex with her and that wasn't alright because someone else wouldn't have been thinking straight. Peter had her write that out because he only understood half of her signs. Peter frowned and shook his head as soon as he understood. He couldn't get over how Mike had been acting.
Rosemary touched Peter's hand. She smiled a little smile to try and cheer him up, but he was in a bad mood now and even a sweet smile wouldn't pull him out of it.
"I better go now," Peter said letting out a sigh.
Rosemary's brow furrowed. She kissed him on the cheek then he left the room. She followed after him as he headed towards the door. He turned just before he stepped out of the apartment.
"Bye," He said.
Carolina looked over her shoulder and stuck her hand in the air from the couch. Peter left the apartment after Rosemary waved goodbye. He was thinking very deeply about everything that was going on. He let out a sigh as he loathed going back to the pad. He didn't want to face Mike. He didn't want to face Micky after lying to him. He just felt like everything was out of control. The only thing for certain was that he was in love with Rosemary, and no matter what he was going to make their relationship work.