Peter Drinks the Coffee With the Beautiful Girl

Peter and Rosemary drank their coffee in silence. Peter tried signing only so that no one else would know what they were saying. He thought it was fun and sort of felt like some type of spy. Which was a very amusing thought for him.
Rosemary corrected him whenever he got something wrong and showed him new signs. She tried to help him with the grammar which he insisted on using. She taught him how to properly put the signs in order. He really was enjoying himself. Her very presence seemed to bring him happiness.
Peter sipped on his coffee as he noticed people were staring at them. Rosemary knew they were looking. People were always staring at her. She knew they whispered about how unfortunate it was that she couldn't hear. She could read their lips. They always had these thoughts that she was helpless. She wasn't by any means helpless. She understood better than they knew.
What Rosemary liked about Peter was that he didn't seem to think she was helpless. He seemed to genuinely like her despite being deaf and not because she was deaf. He was making the initiative to learn how to communicate with her, and she never even asked him to. Then there was this feeling she got when she saw him and got near him. It was a warm, nice feeling, a feeling she wanted to seek out at whatever cost to herself. She wondered if it could be love.
Up until now Rosemary never really felt anything she could put together as love, affection maybe, but love was not a feeling she knew. Despite being very beautiful when men found that she couldn't hear them they would be quick to avoid dating her. She understood why. It was hard for either party to understand the other. She always imagined meeting a man with a sibling or a parent that was deaf and falling in love with him, but when Peter invited her to this same coffee shop she just knew there was something special about him. He didn't leave after he learned she couldn't hear him, and he even tried hard to learn how to understand her.
Peter finished his coffee and donut. He watched as Rosemary dipped her coffee cake into her coffee and ate it slowly. She saw him watching her and smiled. He thought that she had a beautiful smile. She finished her coffee cake and coffee. She wiped her mouth off daintily on a napkin.
Peter grabbed Rosemary's hand, and they ran out of the coffee shop. Rosemary didn't know why they were running, but the smile on Peter's face told her that she must. They were standing under a couple of palm trees. Peter grabbed both her hands and drew her close to him. He smiled and kissed her softly on the lips then he pushed her away and twirled her under his arm. A giant smile came to Rosemary's face. They started to dance. There wasn't any music playing so Peter just danced to the silence.
A bunch of people stopped and stared. A few children pointed. Peter and Rosemary didn't mind. They were too busy dancing in the warm Californian sun. Soon Rosemary was tired and so was Peter. They finally stopped dancing and headed back to Rosemary's apartment.
Rosemary told Peter that her roommate, Carolina, was at a party, and Rosemary didn't expect her back until the next morning. That meant that Peter would be all alone with her.
Peter and Rosemary walked into her empty apartment. She sat down on the couch and stretched then smiled at Peter and patted the cushion next to her. Peter sat down beside her, and she curled up against his chest and closed her eyes. He tapped her shoulder softly and she looked up at him.
"I love you," Peter said.
"I love you," Rosemary said aloud. Her voice was came out too loud, the words sounded odd, but they were out loud.
Peter stared at her shocked. Did I say it wrong? Rosemary asked with her hands. I'm not good at speaking out loud. I just don't sound right.
Peter smiled and kissed her. "You sounded perfect," He said and signed at the same time.
Rosemary smiled and cuddled closer to him. She fell asleep against his chest, and they laid like that for hours. Carolina came home the next morning to find her roommate and Peter still asleep like that. She rolled her eyes and went to make some coffee to wake herself up.

(Super short chapter. I'm sorry!)