Peter Tork Meets A Beautiful Girl

Peter was walking on his own. He woke up early and saw no reason to stay cramped up in that silly house, so he left to go for a walk. It was a nice day of what he had seen of it. The sun was painting beautiful sunrises. The clouds were pink like cotton candy.
Peter couldn't help but think about how beautiful it was a morning. He kept smiling at the sound of bird and the beautiful weather. The longer he walked the more people seemed to be on the streets. All the people were beautiful. Women with blue jeans and shorts, ladies with dresses, men in their pressed suits, boys in bellbottoms. Everyone had something to do, except Peter.
Peter watched as a man rushed by. He saw the man was in a direct course to bump into a lady. "Hey, watch out!" Peter shouted to warn the woman or man of his collision course.
The man didn't stop and the woman didn't turn. The man bumped the woman's shoulder, and she fell over dropping all of her stuff on the ground. Peter rushed over to help her pick up her things. He smiled at her as he handed her everything he picked up which she put in a neat little stack that she put in her bag.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
The woman didn't respond as she picked up the rest of her things from the ground. Peter kinda smiled slightly as he stared at her long golden hair. She turned to look at him and smiled.
"Do you have time for coffee?" Peter asked.
The woman looked at her watch then back at Peter. She nodded her head.
"Can I take you to get some?" Peter asked to be even more polite. He only managed to show how awkward he was.
The woman smiled and nodded her head. Her eyes were laughing even if her mouth wasn't.
Peter smiled again at the woman. They walked together to a small coffee shop. Peter didn't go to it often, but he did have a couple of dollars in his pocket which he figured should be enough for two coffees and maybe a couple of sandwiches.
Peter kept glancing over at the woman and noticing how beautiful she was. To him she was one of the most beautiful people he had ever seen. He kept staring and feeling a mysterious smile creep to his face.
Peter and the woman walked up to the counter of the coffee shop. A man was behind it. He smiled and said, "What can I get you?"
"I'd like a coffee," Peter said.
The woman made a sign with her hands. The man behind the counter stared. Peter stared. The man behind the counter looked at Peter. "What does she want?" He asked.
"I don't know. I don't know sign language. Do you have like a menu or something?" Peter asked.
The man grabbed a menu from behind him and handed it to the woman. She smiled at something neither of them understood. She pointed at the same thing as Peter.
The man behind the counter shrugged his shoulders. "That'll be fifty-six cents," He said.
Peter pulled changed from his pocket and counted it out until he had fifty-six cents then handed it to the man. The man rolled his eyes and started to pour their drinks. He handed them to them then went on to the next customer.
Peter sat down and the woman sat in front of him. She smiled at him. She pulled a piece of paper and a pencil from her bag.
"What's your name?" Peter asked after he realised what the paper was for.
"Rosemary," The woman wrote in neat print.
Peter smiled. "My name's Peter," He said then he frowned. He held his hand out for the pen and Rosemary handed it to him. He wrote his name down as neatly as possible.
Rosemary smiled at him. "It's very nice to meet you. I'm glad you asked me for some coffee. You're very nice," She wrote.
Peter smiled. "So you can't speak?" He asked.
"Well, I can, but I don't know how loud I am. I'm deaf," Rosemary wrote.
"Oh, that's interesting. So you can't hear. Can you read lips?" Peter asked.
Rosemary's eyes laughed again. "Yes I can," She wrote.
Peter thought about what he said, and he blushed. "I'm not very smart," He said.
Rosemary frowned. She touched his hand and shook her head. "You cannot be dumb. I refuse to believe it," She wrote.
Peter smiled. "Thank you," He said.
"What do you do?" Rosemary wrote down.
Peter looked down at the table then looked back up. "I'm a musician," He said quietly.
Rosemary's brow furrowed. "Can you say that again? I couldn't understand."
Peter looked at her. "I'm a musician," He replied. He looked down at the table.
When Peter looked up Rosemary's eyes were laughing again. "There's nothing wrong with being a musician."
Peter's brow furrowed. "But you can't hear music," He said.
"That's right. But you don't have to be ashamed of playing music. Doesn't it make people happy?"
Peter smiled. "I wish it could make you happy," He said without thinking.
Rosemary let out a small snort and silently laughed after that. Her eyes were tearing up as she laughed. Finally she got control of herself and wrote, "Thank you for that. I think you're making me happy without me even hearing you play."
Rosemary took a sip of her coffee and watched Peter. Peter was caught up in her eyes. He stared into her beautiful brown eyes. Rosemary was smiling at Peter. "Would you like to go on a real date?" Peter asked finally.
Rosemary nodded her head.
"What would you like to do?" Peter asked.
Rosemary's brow furrowed as she thought for a few moments. She picked up her pencil. "Maybe a restaurant?"
Peter smiled. "Yeah, that sounds great," He said. "If I could have your number I could call you and tell you when I'd pick you up."
Rosemary's lips pursed. "My roommate would have to answer and talk on the phone. I can't hear the phone," She wrote.
Peter's face blushed and he hung his head. He looked back up. "I'm sorry. I forgot. It's just so easy to talk to you. I didn't think," Peter said before covering his face.
Rosemary smiled and touched his arm. "It's okay. You're sweet." She wrote her number down for him and pushed the paper towards him.
Peter grinned. "I'll call you tomorrow and tell you when I can pick you up for a date," He said.
Rosemary smiled and nodded her head. She looked at her watch. She shrugged her shoulders and pointed to the door. She stood up and smiled at him. She waved and walked away. Peter waved back at her. He leaned on the table and rested his face on his hands. He kept thinking about how beautiful Rosemary was. She was so pretty.

(As you can tell I have another character with a name that is a derivative of Mary. I don't know what it is about Mary that I like so much. I hope you enjoy this story. #havefunyoubeautifulpeople)