Chapter 14

Charlie's POV

I smile at myself a couple months later. I was looking nice. I was training and I learned how to defend myself. I loved it. I was getting happier. I met some nice people. I had gotten another job. I was another assistant at a orthodontist. I liked it a lot though. It was a professional environment. I know I was going to keep it. There were still some moments when people scared me or got to close where I had to remind myself to stay calm. I'm still a little scared when I walk alone. I tell myself I'm paranoid though.

Oliver had asked me on another date and I said yes. He was so sweet. He took me into the woods to a beautiful spot next to a waterfall. He set up a picnic. I was surprised but at the end of the date I gave him a kiss. I'm still living with Annabelle and Daniel. I'm saving up to rent an apartment. I feel something different for him. He's stayed with me these last few months and hadn't given up. I like that.

I smile on my break as I smoke a cigarette. These are the only thing I couldn't quit. I did cut back on them though. I was determined to make myself better. By myself. I don't need anyone to fix me. I just need to accept it and get over it. I had planned a trip for myself that no one knew I was taking. I just needed some time alone. I walk back into work and get to answering the phones and scheduling appointments. I got off around six and I walked home. I was exhausted. I hadn't been getting any sleep lately. I was quiet as I acknowledged the couple before heading into my room.

The date was coming up of my moms death. She was super cool and when she died we had to go into the system because there was no one to take care of us. I wanted to go visit her grave. It was in another town though. I couldn't ever go there while I was in the system. I wanted to go alone. No one beside me. I wish she was still here to help me decide what todo with my life. I can't drive so I could take the bus. I could also ask for a ride for someone.

I sigh loudly putting the thought in the back of my mind. I could maybe not on the day she died but soon. I fall asleep thinking about my mother.

*******************next morning*************

I awake to my alarm clock blaring. I groan as I turn it off. I smile though as I had a whole nights sleep without any nightmares. I get up off the bed and go into the bathroom. I change remembering that I have training today. I don't have to work today. The office is closed. I make myself some cereal and sit by myself. I eat quietly.

*******************skip training**************

I walk out of the woods and stand by the car. Harry said he'd drive me home. I set my stuff down and wait. I was exhausted. Harry had pushed me to my limit. I twiddle my fingers as I wait. A voice whispers in my ear sending fear straight down it "hey there princess. I'd finally found you again. I was thinking you were trying to avoid me." I turn around quickly pushing my fear down replacing it with angry. I look up at him and quickly while he wasn't looking kick him in the nuts. He falls down and knee him in the stomach. I say into his ear "Liam stay the fuck away from me. Or I will hurt you worse. If you come even close to me I'll beat the shit out of you. Worse than you beat me. Go and leave before I kick your ass." I punch him in the face before telling him to leave again. He leaves and I smile to myself. I look behind me to see a crowd had formed. I see Harry come out of the crowd. I throw my arms around him before thanking him. I couldn't have done that without him. He smiles at me and invites me in. I look at the time. I have no where to be.

I follow him into the kitchen. He hands me a glass of water. I can't wipe the smile off my face. Liam was an asshole and when we dated all he did was smack me around and then I'd go back to the foster house I was in just to get smacked again. I was placed in a different foster home. I had run away but I was found and put make into another group home. I got beat up there. He moved on I assumed. Harry asked me to sit on a chair. I sit on the chair and try to process what happened. He comes over and kneels down to look in my eyes.

I advert my eyes before mumbling "please don't tell Jacob. " he nods before asking "is he the reason why you wanted to learn how to defend yourself." I shyly nod saying "not just him I'm tired. All my life I've been kicked around. Used as a paycheck or a servant. I've snapped. I'm just tired of being kicked around you know." He nods before looking me over to make sure I wasn't hurt. I smile at his sweetness before I here someone running downstairs. I tense up for a second before seeing Oliver. Harry is still on his knees in front of me. I shudder in pleasure under Oliver's gaze. I blush under it before getting up. I hug Harry thanking him for teaching me how to fight.

I help Harry up before saying "well I have to go home now. I'll see you soon. I need a nap. Just please don't tell Jacob he won't wanna talk to me." I follow Harry out to his car before getting in it. He drives me back to the apartment and I thank him before going upstairs. I open the door. It's all dark and I see a table with candlelights. Annette comes out of the kitchen smiling. She looks at me and her smile dims. She mumbles the word shit. I smile at her as she says "oh my god I completely forgot about you. Not in a bad way but I have important news for Daniel. I'm pregnant! We might get busy tonight soo." I laugh at her before saying "congratulations on your pregnancy I just need a couple things and I'll be back late."

I hurry into my room and take a quick shower. I pull on some jeans and a jacket. I grab my purse before hurriedly running out the door. I walk into town and get some coffee. I then sit quietly and close my eyes to breathe. I sigh quietly. I secretly want what Annette and Daniel have. The relationship where there both clearly in love. But I also want to be completely independent from everyone. I want to not have to rely on my partner to provide everything for me. I want to take that trip I was planning on.

I open my eyes to feel something wet on my cheek. I was crying. I sigh before wiping under my eyes. I take my coffee in its to go cup and start to walk around.