CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE - It started with a Bananarita

A/N: Heterochromia - differently colored eyes;

Bananarita, Quick Fuck, Sex on the Beach, Dark N Stormy , Painkiller, Irish Car Bomb , Screaming Orgasm, Whiskey Sour, Death in the Afternoon and Blow Job are the names of real drinks.

*****

Tyson POV

What should I wear?

God, I sounded like a girl just now! I would usually just grab the closest thing and go. But tonight I was actually pondering on that. It was a habit of late that I would pay more attention to my appearance. Why? I had no idea. I just did.

I sighed.

Just grab something!

I closed my eyes and nabbed the closest thing. It turned out to be the black singlet I’d borrowed from Alex.

I have to return those clothes! And the top she forgot here when she left my house.

Both occasions – her staying here and me sleeping at her place, brought back bad memories. But the second one also carried a sense of satisfaction; she must really trust me to tell me all that. My bright mood dimmed when I thought of another reason. Maybe she didn’t trust me; maybe she’d just been too emotional because of her nightmare. I didn’t want to ask her which was correct because that would upset her. And yet I wanted to know.

I sighed again. I seemed to be doing that a lot lately.

I couldn’t go out with the clothes she’d lent me so I settled for dark blue jeans and a white singlet. I didn’t bother with a jacket as it was warm outside.

Next thing I did was to go to the only room in the house that had a mirror: the bathroom. Glancing at my reflection, I smoothed my long black hair back and tied it in a low ponytail. I should probably cut it short; that would be more useful when fighting. But I was just too used to its length. I had decided to let it grow when I was a child so that I could use it to cover my mismatched eyes. I got in a lot of trouble because of my heterochromia back then; kids can be cruel to those who are different. Adults too, but now that I was a teenager and was more than capable of taking care of myself, very few people dared to comment on my eyes, left alone make fun of them.

But I really shouldn’t be thinking about that now. Instead, I should get going otherwise I’d be late.

I ran downstairs, put on my sneakers and making sure I had my fake ID on me, I headed for the club.

*****

Angel was already there, waiting in line. He was dressed casual as well: blue jeans and dark brown button up. Alex was nowhere to be seen.

“Hey, Tyson! Glad you changed your mind.”

“I still have my doubts about this whole thing.”

“I thought you might.” He chuckled. “So how did Alex convince you?”

How did she convince me? I wasn’t sure why I said yes.

“I just got tired of you two whining,” I shrugged.

“Hey, we weren’t whining!” The girl’s voice came from behind me.

I turned and there she was. And unlike us she hadn’t gone for casual.

Actually, she looked a lot like the first night I met her. She was wearing the same long black leather pants and knee length light black coat. The ever present thick silver earring was there on her right ear along with two dark blue ones. The left ear was currently covered by her brown hair that had more waves than usually. The locket was back on the long chain that reached her stomach. Only her boots and top were different. The first were the two inch, black, up-to-the-knee boots that I saw on her when I was hanging out with Bret and Kent. The top was the only thing I had not seen before and just as the earrings, it was dark blue and also corset-like and it only covered her breasts area. But what got me staring at it was the fact that she wasn’t wearing a bra underneath it.