1.4

Summer of 2013
10:23 am, Tuesday

The ground beneath him heated as the sun made its way to toast them. It was excruciatingly hot to stay at home doing nothing besides browsing through the internet while constantly sniffing the scent of blooming flowers right outside the window. He didn't want to become a fried piece of meat in summer so he decided to do his work although he's on vacation.

He puffed his cheeks while starring at the ceiling above him, he thought that how ironic it was that he's escaping from the heat in his room only to go somewhere hotter.

He stood up and walked his way towards the bathroom to get ready. He settled on a simple black jeans, blue shirt and white sneakers. He disheveled his hazelnut hair and grabbed his stuff and trashed them in his backpack.

Walking on the streets during summer feels like walking on a hot grill. It really is extremely hot outside but he'd rather do something than slack of in his room. He reached the park and settled under the shade of a tree. He pulled out his canvas and painting materials and placed them in front him. He decided on painting the sky, but after placing the base paint a puppy ran across him leaving a paw mark on his canvas.

"What the fuck?" Baekhyun screamed as he stood up from his comfortable seat.

He stared at his almost half-way done painting that now has 2 blue paw marks. He got irritated with it since his efforts were wasted, although its just the base, it still took time and hard work to make it perfection, and so he decided to find the dog. But when he turned to the direction the puppy went, was faced with a guy who looks like he just ran over from the other side.

"I-Im sorry! My dog likes to run around and uh Im sorry he ruined your painting!" Said the guy wearing a grey shirt and black jeans. He bowed a couple of times with a slight pout and a nervous look on his face. Baekhyun was stunned, like how can a handsome- no scratch that, a gorgeous god own a cute innocent mischievous naughty dog. Totally out of character, Byun thought.

"Its alright, I just started anyway, I can do it again." Baekhyun waved it off and smiled while speaking.

"Are you sure? Im Chanyeol by the way, Im really sorry for what Hyun did. Yah Hyun! Come here! Say sorry to uh-" Chanyeol called his puppy but then turned to baekhyun to probably ask for his name.

"Baekhyun, Byun Baekhyun. You're puppy's cute by the way." Baekhyun smiled and sat down, followed by Chanyeol. Hyun was running towards them with his tongue out.

"Well, nice to meet you Baekhyun" Chanyeol gave him his famous gold-worthy smile.

Hyun stopped in front of both of the guys, looked at Baekhyun then crawled on top of Baekhyun's lap and snuggled to him.

Baekhyun was dazed, he was shocked that a dog was sitting on his lap. He remembered when he was 7 years old, a god bit his arm and he was diagnosed with rabies! Well its good that they were quick enough to stop it from worsening and spreading.

Baekhyun had his hands up awkwardly in the air, looking as tensed as ever, as if with one move he would die.

"Scared of dogs? Don't worry, you can touch Hyun, he wont bite, although he's a trouble maker hahaha!" Chanyeol laughed as he held Baekhyun's hand ever so gently and placed it on Hyun.

"See?" Chanyeol grinned at the sight of Baekhyun slowly loosing up as he held Hyun's soft fur.

Baekhyun smiled at the guy beside him while he patted Hyun's head.

"So what were you painting anyway?" Chanyeol asked, taking a peek at Baek's work.

"No! I mean no, sorry. I just don't show my work to people until its done." Baek smiled apologetically as he took the painting and placed it inside his bag.

"Ahh its ok, I also don't show my work unless I'm pretty sure its good enough" Chanyeol said and leaned back on the tree right beside Baek.

"Well what were you doing?" Baek asked as he faced him for a few seconds before he focused on Hyun again.

"I was writing lyrics for a new song. Sometimes I sing them, sometimes people do." Chanyeol replied, a smile forming on his lips, it was obvious he loved writing, Baekhyun thought.

"So uh Baekhyun, I really feel bad about your painting, atleast let me treat you to ice cream." Chanyeol said, hoping to gain a yes from the boy he just met.

"Well if you insist, it wouldn't be too bad I guess." Baekhyun replied and flashed hum his smile.

>>>