Before: Every Secret... Except One

In this chapter: Camila

10 Years Ago...

Mom and I were sitting by the bay window, staring out into the night sky. And that's when she told me.

"Honey?"

"Yeah mom?"

She took a deep breath in. "Don't you think it would be nice to have another member in the family?"

"Like a sister?"

She laughed. "No Cammy, like a dad."

I looked up at her face. Her eyes shined with sparkles brighter than the stars, the moon even, and she stared down at me with a smile so wide, it made my heart swell with happiness.

I didn't understand what it meant to have a new dad. I was seven.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, mommy thinks she wants to get married." She says in a voice that almost wants to dance.

I laugh. "Yeah!" I'm excited.

Excited that she's excited. And that's all I understand. It's all I could understand.

And to be honest, I never really understood what it was like to live with a man. I never understood what a man was anyways. Both my grandfathers were dead, my mom was an only child, and I never knew who 'dad' was.

All I knew is that he died in the military.

At that time, I didn't even understand what 'dead' meant.

It took a whole year for me to finally meet him. I was so in love with my mom that I fell in love with him from just her speaking about him. I was so excited for him to be a dad to me. I was so excited for him to be with my mom.

Because I couldn't wait to see mom's happiness grow even bigger. For her smile to never disappear.

And even now, the seventeen year-old me, who still cries in her mommy's arms, who runs to her mother when shit goes down hill, who falls at her mom's feet when a boy breaks her heart, who...

Shares every secret, except one, with her....

These two best friends...

They waited ten years ago at the door of their condo, and as the new family members arrived, they both laid eyes on what their future was going to behold.

The father,

And his rebel of a son.

In case its not clear enough, above is a new character. Her name is Camila (Cammy for short). 

Short chapter. But believe me all these chapters are just a teeny tiny bit, drop in the ocean, of what you'll see from their lives as the story progresses.

Beautiful cover by Me_For_President_