Before: High... On Secrets

In this chapter: Aden (I'll just stop mentioning all the insignificant characters and mention only the significant ones in this book

In this chapter: Aden (I'll just stop mentioning all the insignificant characters and mention only the significant ones in this book. I'm simply doing this little intro because a lot of you were confused since there are so many characters already introduced. Just know that at some point you'll only really need to know about 8. :)

"You're so obnoxious Aden."

Aden was tall, had a rough guy face, was very good looking in his own peculiar way, and as athletic as a basketball player could look like.

They sat at the lunch table. Aden was surrounded by his friends, who sometimes can't take his jokes for five cents.

He squeezed his can of gatorade and drink sprayed on them again.

"Fuck you, man. Stop."

He threw his head back and cackled.

"I wish you came with a fucking manual Aden, cause I don't fucking understand you." Jill said. She threw her long blonde hair back, and glared at him.

He knelt in quick and nearly kissed her lips. "Bitch." He responded, his smile not leaving his face.

She rolled her eyes and looked away.

"Shit." He said, standing up. "I gotta pee like a spanish stallion. Be right back."

***

While peeing in the urinal, his phone vibrated. He looked at the text message.

I won't be home tonight. Can you warm the leftovers in the fridge for you and your dad?

He stared at the text, his bright eyes dimming.

Fuck.

Payne walked in. "Fuck dude, i just got myself pampered like an itty bitty baby."

"What the hell, you're high as fuck man. How did the guard not notice?" Aden pulls the joint from between Payne's fingers and takes a long drag.

Payne shrugs. "Looks like you need it more than me."

"Payne?" Aden begins, pulling his zipper up.

"Yeah man?" Payne rocks back and forth, the stream in front of him spilling all over the wall of the urinal.

"You think I can crash at your place tonight? Bring Corrina over?"

Payne sighed. "Man, its not my place. But yeah, come over. Your mom is not there tonight again?"

Aden nodded.

"Is she...?"

"I don't know man."

"Just follow her and check it out."

Aden took another long drag. "Fuck." Is all he said.

***

Aden walked down the hall. He was already in a bad mood, and if anything can make it worse, he had math next. And there was nothing he hated more that math.

While walking, someone pumped into him.

"Watch where the fuck you walking man."

"Fuck you." The little fucker said, then kept walking.

"What did you say?" Aden halted and turned around.

The motherfucker turned around and had the nerve to say. "You heard me. Get the fuck out of my face."

***

Ten minutes later, both were sitting in the principal's office.

"What happened?" The principal said.

"I tripped." The guy responded.

The principal sighed and rubbed his cheek. "Get out of here. If I see you two back here again, its an automatic three day suspension."

Follow me on Instagram @joprbooks. I post future sneak peeks!

Amazing Cover in this chapter is by Me_For_President_