Junkie

"Walk of shame on your first day of work? Nice." Happy said as he watched Roman get off her bike in the same clothes she wore last night. "Oh trust me, honey, I don't have any shame in either of my new rides." she said and winked at him before walking inside.

"It's nine!" Lee called as Roman was getting out of the shower. "I'm coming!" she called back. She quickly tugged on some clothes and fixed her makeup. She was still braiding her hair as she walked out to meet Lee. "Alright, you can call me Lee or Hamco. Kozik took your around last night and was supposed to show you what you'd be doing but I'm guessing he spent most of that time flirting. Just get that office under control. One of the Prospects will bring you lunch and you're done at five. Try to keep the breaks under thirty minutes." Lee said and Roman nodded. "Get workin' girl." he told her and she walked out to the office.

Roman soon realized she was in over her head. None of this was organized, none of it looked like it's been organized since the seventies.

-

"Any of you guys seen Roman?" Kozik asked. "No, last time I saw her was yesterday when I sent her off to the office, why?" Lee asked. "She's probably out fucking her little frat boy." Happy growled from the bar. "What?" Bowie asked with a laugh. "Clay asked me to keep an eye on her, and from what I saw, she ended up in some college kid's dorm all night the other night." Happy explained. "Donut sliced his arm up, and we lost our damn nurse." Kozik groaned. "Go check in the office." Lorca suggested.

Kozik found Roman asleep on the floor, holding the files in her hands. "Roman!" he shouted and she let out a small shriek as she jolted awake. "Have you been in here for two days?" he asked and she nodded. He laughed, "Come on, you gotta sew up Donut." he said and she followed him out. "What happened?" she asked quietly. "We were dicking around with some old samurai swords." Kozik shrugged. "Idiots." Roman muttered as she grabbed her backpack and made her way to Donut.

Just as she finished stitching up Donut, she heard exactly the voice she wanted to hear. Tig. "Where's the party at?" Tig called and Roman left Donut's side and bolted out to the bar area. "Romie!" he grinned as she hugged him. She pressed her lips to his cheek, and he kissed her cheek too. "Is that a hickey?" he asked and she pulled away from the hug. "Juice! Come with me I want to show you something!" she said excitedly and grabbed his hand, dragging him outside. "I won a bike, Juicy! Isn't that amazing?" she asked with a contented sigh, both arms draped around his waist, and her head on his chest. "That's great, kid. But seriously, you fuck Kozik or something?" he asked as he eyed the small bruise on her neck, where her make up had rubbed off. "No, Juicy, I wouldn't fuck one of your brothers. I met some guy in some bar." Roman said with a small grin and Juice rolled his eyes.

"Where was Hap? He's supposed to be keeping an on you." Juice snapped. "He hates me, so he was pouting on the other side of the bar." Roman giggled up at Juice.

"Shit. Juice. Pretend to be my boyfriend." Roman gasped and leaned up, smashing her lips to his. "What?" Juice mumbled when they pulled away. "He's here." Roman hissed back. "Uh, Roman? Who's this?" a tall dark haired guy asked as he walked up. "This is my boyfriend. I'm sorry if you thought what happened the other night was going to go anywhere, I was just trying to get back at him for lying to me." Roman rambled on, squeezing Juice's hand, trying to get him to back her up.

"I fucked up and so did she. Stay away from my girl." Juice snarled at the young kid. "Stupid bitch." the kid muttered as he walked back to his car. "Thanks, Juicy." Roman grinned at him.

"That the guy the left those hickeys all over her neck?" Tig asked. "Yeah, got a problem with it?" Roman snapped at him. Tig cocked his head to the side and stood up, he crossed the room in three long strides and grabbed her arm, dragging her to her dorm. "What Tig?" she growled as she fixed her makeup to cover the hickeys. "What's up with you?" he asked, watching her. "Nothing. Why would something be wrong." she asked, turning to look at him. She knew that he knew she was hiding something from him, but she wasn't going to give in. "You're upset about something." he said and glared at her for getting an attitude with him. "I'm fine, Tig." Roman muttered before walking out.