"LUCAS!" He pulled his gun out of the holster and kicked her bedroom door open.

"Are you okay?!" He looked around the room expecting to see someone else.

"First, gun back in your holster! Second, look at my pictures." He tore his eyes away from Riley who was still covering up with a towel and looked at the pictures on her dresser. "They are all torn in half!"

He placed his gun back in its hiding place and picked up the pictures with Maya, another with Josh and Shawn and one with her parents. "He tore you out of all the pictures? What a freaking creep." Lucas' known temper was surfacing as he took some pictures with his phone. He looked over at Riley sitting on her bed. "Hey, beautiful. Why don't you get dressed and meet me out in the living room. Okay?"

After a few minutes she came out in her oversized sweatshirt and shorts with the glock in her hand. "Well if that isn't sexy I don't know what is!" He started laughing, "Come here, come sit down." He tapped his hand on the leather seat next to him.

"I'll tell you what was very attractive, you clearing my house. Seeing you as Officer Lucas that is sexy." The brunette plopped herself on the couch, draped her legs across his and placed her glock on the coffee table. The green eyed boy caught himself blushing at everything that had transpired. "So, what's up?"

"I just wanted you in here to wind down." He continued to look at her and started smiling.

"What?" She took a sip of her wine and slightly glared.

"I just am lucky to have you in my life."

"Ha, you're kidding! I have caused nothing but problems between you and Missy and now, all of this." She gestured to her apartment, "I know we're friends, but I cause you a lot of issues."

He sat for a moment, "You're worth it."

The pair sat on the couch and talked for the rest of the night, they eventually made the brownies and even turned on a movie that they didn't watch. But, they talked so easily it was hard to stop.

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

"Hey, Josh can you pull Riles' report for me?"

He looked at him with frustration in his eyes, "Friar, I told you to talk to Riley about it!"

"No, she already told me. But, wait you didn't already hear about this?"

"What, what happened?"

"He broke into her apartment, trashed the place and left a note for her. I'm re-opening the other case and working with a few guys on this one."

"Are you f-" he cut himself off, "Son of a bitch!" He began running his fingers through his hair.

"I need the file and I am assuming since I couldn't find it you had it." Josh had brought his anger down to a simmer and began unlocking his drawer. He had the file in his clutches and reached out to hand it to him.

"I am gonna go ahead and tell you, that you better check your feelings before you open this file. I know you aren't together, but it isn't hard to see you care about her. One picture in particular, will ruffle your feathers." Lucas nodded his head ensuring that he understood and took the file back to his desk.

"Okay, Friar don't get riled up." He opened the manila hanging folder and began skimming through the file. He found the pictures that Josh had took of her and the ones that the PD took. Every picture seemed to anger him more. He saw the bruises on her wrist, her nose, and the cut on the back of her head. Everything had come to a halt when he saw the picture that he only could assume Josh was referring to. There she was, laying there on the ground with her dog right beside her, just like she said. He cringed when he saw her pants around her ankles, and her unconscious in the dirt.