The Parents (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

All the rooms branched off of each other. Scott's house was like a big block. You walked in the front door and were instantly in the kitchen and dining room. Just to the side of the dining room was the lounge room, and from the lounge room were three doors - each to bedrooms.

Vincent hummed. Those three rooms, plus the one at the front. It was a four-bedroom home.

Scott opened the middle door. Inside was a smallish room, with red bunk beds on top of each other.

"Woah," Vincent said, "It's like you never moved out."

"Mom likes to keep all our stuff just as it was," Linda shrugged. "Ten bucks if you can guess which bunk was Scott's."

Vincent looked at the bunk beds, humming. The bottom one had a picture of numerous rock bands, but somehow, he could imagine Linda enjoying rock music. It also had a lot of photos of parks, creeks and other places. The top bunk was super messy, it also had pictures of one or two rock bands. But then Vincent's eyes fell on something damning.

"Well, duh. The top one's Scott's," He walked over, picking up the Foxy plushie and throwing it at Scott.

Scott caught it and cocked an eyebrow, "Catch, Linda." He threw the plushie at Linda, who caught it with one hand.

"The top bunk's mine," she said, grinning. "He's not the only one who spent a lot of time at the pizzeria. Duh."

Vincent blinked, then groaned, "Ugh. I forgot that your family and Boss are so close."

"Don't worry, I have one, too," Scott walked over and sat on his bunk. Pulling the sheets back, he pulled out a worn Toy Foxy plush and waved it at Vincent, "Well, hey, it's only natural. If one twin got to design a fox, the other twin had to design one, too."

"No. Way," Vincent grinned, taking the plush from Scott, "Linda designed The Mangle?"

"Well, of course!" Linda sighed exasperatedly, "Who else would give her pink pants and eyeshadow?"

"Huh. That's cool. But, Scott, how come you took the bottom bunk?" Vincent asked, "It's a lot smaller."

"He's scared of heights," Linda snorted.

"Linda!" Scott shoved her, annoyed.

Vincent grinned, "Are you serious, Scott? Afraid of heights? But this bunk is, like, a metre off the ground."

Scott blushed slightly and shrugged, "I dunno, it always seemed bigger when I was little..."

Vincent smiled, "You're so damn adorable, you know that, Scott?"

Linda giggled, "You don't know the start of it."

"I'm sure I do," Actually, that reminded him, "Hey, Linda, do you still have your wardrobe?"

Linda tilted her head, "Yeah, why?" She narrowed her eyes, "Don't you start going through my clothes, you creep."

Vincent laughed, "Not much chance of that. You're not my type."

Linda narrowed her eyes, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Scott stood in the way, pushing them away from each other, "Woah. Guys, please, stop. I... I'm really nervous, and you two hating each other will only make me worse."

Vincent looked at Scott, "Oh, Scott. I'm sorry," He pulled Scott into a hug quickly, then looked up at Linda, "I just meant you're not my type because you're a girl. I'm already dating the guy version of you." He laughed, letting go of Scott.

Linda's lined eyes widened again, "Oh. That's fine, then! But why did you want to see my wardrobe?"

"Never mind it," Vincent smiled, "Scott just told me something once about... your dresses... and I wanted to see if they were still here."

Scott looked at Vincent, and then punched him, "Pervert."

"You bet I am," Vincent grinned.

"Scotty, Lindie, Vinny!" Robin's voice called for them, "Dinner!"

Scott let out a deep sigh, "I guess this is it..." He smiled at Vincent, and then at Linda, "Say goodbye to the straight Scott that you know, and hello to the one that's coming out of the closet."

"Hello!" Linda giggled, then skipped out to the dining room.

Vincent paused, grabbing Scott's hands so that he turned to face him. He leaned in and kissed him gently. Scott's stubble brushed slightly against his face, but it was a good feeling.

Vincent pulled away, "You can do this, Scott. I believe in you."

Scott smiled at him, then sighed. He quickly hugged him, then walked out after Linda.

Vincent hung behind for just a second, looking around at Scott's room one more time, then walked out after him.