"If you don't come, you'll never get to know what he said," she sings.  Her weight suddenly disappears from my bed.  "You have five minutes to get out to the car, or I'm deleting everything he sent!"

            "Sarah!" I scream, immediately flinging upright.  But she's already gone, vanished into the hallway.

            Without a second thought, I untangle myself from the sheets and clamor out of bed.  Luckily, most of my swim stuff is already in my bag.  I snatch a towel and my iPod before tearing out the door.  I realize that I don't have Alex's swim buddy gift.  It's still in Elliot's car from yesterday, and it's not like I have any way to get it now.  Oh well.

            Sarah is sitting shotgun in my car, leaning her head against the dashboard.  When I open the door, I see she's sifting through my messages with Elliot.

            "You've been holding out on me," she accuses.

            "And you've been going through my private stuff," I bite back.  I grab the phone before she has a chance to shield it from me. 

            "How long have you guys really been going out?" she asks, crossing her arms.

            "Doesn't matter now, does it?" I ask.  I push the phone into my pocket.

            "Is Cassi coming with us?" she asks, glancing back at our house.

            "No; Jenna usually takes her now."  I haven't spoken to Cassi since that night in the parking lot, and at the moment, I have no intention of changing that.  Regardless of whether she's getting a ride from Jenna, I'm not driving her anywhere.

            "Let's go, then." 

            Not surprisingly, Sarah and I are among the last to arrive.  We load the bus and end up seated directly behind Coach.  I am actually relieved that Elliot is grounded and still at home with Ms. Parker.  I don't know what I'd do with myself if he was here right now. 

            Once the bus starts moving, I tell Sarah I'm going to take a nap.  It isn't the truth, but I know she'll leave if I don't talk to her.  Sure enough, moments later she disappears.  I wait until I hear her and Keely's laughter from the back of the bus before pulling out my phone.  I have no idea why I'm being so secretive about it, especially since I know Sarah already read the texts.  I suppose I just don't want her to watch my reactions.

            Elliot:  Finn, please answer your phone.

            Elliot:  We need to talk.

            Elliot:  Seriously, Finn.  I can explain.  It isn't what it looks like.

            Elliot:  Finn, there's nothing going on between me and Cassi. 

            Elliot:  Please don't be mad.  I promise I can explain.  Just give me a chance.

            I scroll through five more, all of which hold similar messages.  He says he's sorry a few times and asks for me to answer my phone twice more.  I read the last one before answering.

            Elliot:  I'm so sorry.  Please let me come over after the meet. 

            Finn:  Just stop texting me, Elliot.  I'm not going to answer my phone and you can't come over. 

            I send the text and hold back a sob.  I am not going to cry on a bus full of my teammates.  Now that I've read the texts, I wish I wouldn't have sent Sarah away.  I have no idea why Elliot wants to talk to me so badly, especially since he made it clear that he won't tell me the truth about Cassi.   

            My phone vibrates three times, but I don't bother looking at any of the texts.  Instead, I click my phone off and settle against the window.  Maybe a nap isn't such a bad idea after all.

            I am almost asleep with blurred vision and a tired mind when I see her.  Jenna.  Staring at me from across the aisle with a strange smile upon her lips.  She is twirling something between her fingers, but I can't quite make out what it is.  Before I can focus too much on her, I drift into an unexpectedly deep slumber.  And by the time I wake, I am sure I imagined the entire thing.

 *******************************************************************

A/N: Hello!  Aww, poor Finn.  Heartbreaks are the worst, aren't they?  Anyway, sorry for the short chapter.  I didn't figure I needed to write it out any longer than necessary.  What do you think Jenna's up to?  Any guesses?  Here's a hint: it isn't good!

On another note, I'm way ahead in this story! I've written a few chapters ahead, but they'll be posted in a timely matter.  I also wrote a chapter from Elliot's point of view.  It shows his emotions and side of the story, but I don't quite know what to do with it yet.  I can't decide if I want to include it in this work, make mini-book from Elliot's point of view, or just keep it to myself.  What do you guys think?

One more thing before I go, have you guys read Parade of Whores by Coldblanket?  I just started reading it yesterday, and I am so beyond hooked.  It's really hilarious and well-written, so you should totally check it out.  I dedicated Chapter Eleven to her, so you can find her user through that, if you want! :)

Please vote and comment, thanks! :)