Chapter 30: Epilogue

Bella's POV
(7 years later)

"Jake is here!" I hear my daughter yell as she runs down the stairs. I hear Edward and Rose growl. Edward doesn't even know that this is their first actual date.

Let me catch you up. As you know, Renesmee grows at a fast rate. She is only seven years old but physically and mentally she is seventeen. It's every parent's worst nightmare.

Anyway, Renesmee went hunting one day about four years ago and wandered off. She discovered a beach past the treaty line. Yeah. Treaty line. Apparently, vampires aren't the only monsters out there. There's also werewolves.

Renesmee didn't know that. The Quileute Tribe could smell the vampire in her and they started questioning her. At the time, she looked like she was around the age of ten or twelve. All of the wolves were prepared to attack except for Jacob Black. He stared at the young girl just like one would stare at God. He imprinted on my daughter.

He told the guys to back off and they did. They can't cause any harm to another Wolf's imprint. It's their most absolute law. Jacob and Renesmee spent the whole day at the beach, which scared us to death. Well, you know what I mean.

When Renesmee finally came home, she used her vampire talent to show us her day at the beach. Edward was beyond furious. I had never seen him so angry before.

Eventually, we got used to Jacob being around. Well, most of us got used to it. Edward and Rosalie are very protective over Renesmee. Rosalie HATES werewolves with a passion. It's something about the smell of them and I have to agree, Jake smells like a big wet dog. Emma loves having Jake around. They have a brother-sister relationship.

Speaking of Emma, she recently moved out of the house and got married. Crazy, right? She married a popular internet star named Phil Lester. Poor Phil doesn't suspect a thing about us. Edward says that he is a kind man and that his thoughts are always positive. Which is great because Emma only deserves the best. Plus, Phil is hot.

Let's get back to present time, shall we?

"Bye, sweetie. Tell Jacob that I said hello. Be careful. Have fun." I say, giving my daughter a hug.

"I will. Bye, Mom. Bye, Dad." She says.

"Renesmee, please don't go! We can do some family bonding without the mutt." Edward says.

"First of all, please do not call Jacob a mutt. He's always polite and on his best behavior. Also, this family has bonded enough already. I don't think that it's possible to bond anymore. This is my first actual date with Jake and I-"

"WHAT."

"Oh no."

"DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS, BELLA?"

"I'm her Mother. Of course I knew." I said calmly.

"Why didn't anybody tell me?" Edward asks, clearly upset.

"BECAUSE WE KNEW YOU WOULD GO ALL OVERPROTECTIVE DADDY ON US!" Emmett yells from his bedroom.

"So that's why everyone was singing This Is Gospel in their head when they were around me!" Edward exclaims.

"It's a good song!" I say.

"Guys? Jake is still waiting for me outside. I'm gonna go now... Have a nice conversation about how awesome Panic! At The Disco is. Bye!" Renesmee says, running out the door.

Edward sighs and storms off into the living room. I follow him and casually sit on the couch.

3,2,1...

"I'm sorry that I yelled at you, love."

I know my husband.

"It's okay, Edward. I know that you're very protective of Renesmee. Sadly, she's grown up and there's nothing we can do about it." I say, now sitting next to him on the piano bench.

'I know, I know." Edward says, hugging my side.

"If you love her let her goooo." I quietly sing.

Edward rolls his eyes and kisses my temple. We stay sitting in silence for a few moments when all of the sudden...

"OH YEAH!" Edward yells, causing me to almost fall off of the bench.

"What is it?" I ask.

"I have a surprise for you." He states.

"You know that I hate surprises." I complain.

"You will love this one. Just close your eyes and listen."

He starts playing a familiar tune that I don't recognize at first but then I hear the lyrics...

They say we are what we are
But we don't have to be.
I'm bad behavior but I do it in the best way.
I'll be the watcher (watcher) of the eternal flame.
I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams.

Oooooooh
I am the sand in the bottom half of the hourglass (glass, glass)
Oooooooh,
I try to picture me without you but I can't

'Cause we could be immortals, immortals
Just not for long, for long.
And live with me forever now,
You pull the blackout curtains down
Just not for long, for long.

We could be immooooooo- immortals,
Immooooooo- immortals,

Sometimes the only pay-off for having any faith
Is when it's tested again and again everyday.
I'm still comparing your past to my future.
It might be your wound but they're my sutures.

Oooooooh
I am the sand in the bottom half of the hourglass (glass, glass)
Oooooooh,
I try to picture me without you but I can't

'Cause we could be immortals, immortals
Just not for long, for long.
And live with me forever now,
You pull the blackout curtains down
Just not for long, for long.

We could be immooooooo- immortals,
Immooooooo- immortals,

Immortals,
And live with me forever now,
Pull the blackout curtains down,

We could be immortals, immortals
Just not for long, for long.
We could be immooooooo- immortals

Edward played and sang beautifully. He hit every note and you could tell that he was pouring his heart and soul into the song. I never realized how much we could relate to the song and by the time he finished the last note, I was smiling like a goofball. I couldn't help it.

Immooooooo- immortals,
(Immortals)

"Did you like it?" Edward asks.

"Words cannot describe how much I loved it. Thank you so much, Edward." I say.

Edward smiles and kisses me passionately. When he pulls away, he stares at me with nothing but love in his eyes.

"I love you." He says.

"Forever and always?"

"Forever and always."

"Thanks for the memories, Edward."

The End