Chapter 3

Planning schedules was possibly one of the most boring things I have ever participated in, in my life but sitting at the desk opposite Mr De Luca made it seem not so bleak. Besides I couldn't keep from sneaking glances at him, even though it could be classed as risky.

I was admiring his lips, although they were drawn into a scowl they were still beautiful, the perfect cupids bow that was strong but not too over-pronounced and a full bottom lip that I wanted to catch between my teeth.

He was a perfect specimen of a man, strong, handsome and well to be frank, hot.

I had obviously dazed off as I was shaken from my thoughts by Mr De Luca shaking my elbow, trying to get my attention,

"If you are quite finished checking me out Rowena, perhaps we could get back to arranging my meetings in date and time order" He smirked knowingly, letting me know I had been caught staring.

Blushing, I embarrassingly replied "Sorry Sir it won't happen again"

"It's ok Rowena if I was you I would look at me too, and please call me Giovanni from now on" he drawled in a seductive purr, the look in his eyes was pure lust, blazing fiery lust all for me, but shit bipolar much?

I didn't reply just kept my head down with a blush on my face for the rest of the afternoon.

I had been working with Giovanni for three weeks now and I mostly just answered his phone calls from clients, scheduled meetings and once a week we had lunch together to arrange his schedule for the following week.

He stopped being an ass to me after my first week of working here, I think he expected me to have quit when he came in every morning following my first day up until two weeks ago when he wasn't shocked to see me sitting at my desk ready to work before he was.

After that, we had set a routine, I would arrive half an hour before him, ready his files and have a coffee and a bagel waiting for him on his desk but hot enough to drink and eat. I was really enjoying working for him, the hours were good I could work overtime if needed which I didn't need to because the pay was good enough for me to live comfortably and pay off my college loans at the same time. Although I think I might be overpaid, as I'm earning way more than I did working three well paying jobs in high school, but hey I'm not going to complain.

"Rowena I have a very important request for you" he suddenly questioned putting his pen down and focusing all of his attention on me,

"Yes Giovanni what is it?" I eyed him suspiciously, ready for a possibly outrageous request.

"I am requiring a companion for a dinner party tomorrow, and as it is such short notice I do not have the time to arrange a date, so I would like you to accompany me if you would be so kind?" he asked leaning towards me as if to corner me into saying yes,

"I'm not sure if that's such a good idea Giovanni" I mumbled fiddling with my pen in my lap,

"Please Rowena don't make me beg it's imperative I have a date for this dinner" he begged,

"Why, why do you need a date so bad?" I questioned becoming frustrated with his persistence,

"It's a dinner at my parents, they have been badgering me to settle down for a few years now, since I turned thirty this year by mother is worried she believes I should have been married already with a baby on the way. Please Rowena do me this favour, I will even pay for you trouble?" he tried to amend and soothe me, being the compassionate person I am I couldn't help but to give in.

"I guess so, but I want a small sum of money for the inconvenience" I demanded, truthfully I didn't need any money from him, I think I just wanted to act like it was the last thing I wanted to do, when in reality I wanted nothing more than to spend time with him outside of the office.

"Oh thank you so much Rowena" he beamed before pulling me into a hug, breathing his scent in I almost didn't hear his next words being so distracted, "We will leave tonight, go home immediately and pack your things I will pick you up at eight o'clock"

"Go where, I thought we were going to your parents?" I asked confused beyond belief,

"We are" he said bluntly,

"Why must we leave tonight?" I huffed

"Because flying across an ocean takes some time" he mumbled, acting as if he was busy,

"Well where do they live?" I demanded annoyed at him for keeping me in the dark,

"Italy cara" He drawled laying his Italian accent on thick, smirking and bemused by my no doubt hanging jaw and wide eyes.

FOLLOW🙈 COMMENT🙉 VOTE🙊