Chapter Five - At the Crossroads

Start from the beginning

"And taa-daa.~" 

She announces in excitement and being ever so oblivious to the dangers of her actions, I hit her against the head.

"Owchie! What was that for?~" 

She whines as she falls upon the bed once again and covers her head.

"Idiot, don't do that again. You had me worried."

"Worried, for me? Awwwts!~ That's so cute.~ It was just cleansing, no need to be a worrywart." 

She teases me as I almost feel like hitting her again.

"What would I do if the house got burnt down?"

"Don't worry-"

"You may be a Serabrae, but you're still just a young one. Something could of happened."

".... Sorry." 

She apologizes as she lowers her head as well as her tail and ears.

Just... What am I doing, trying to find every possible bad outcome from everything?

"Why do I feel like the bad guy now?"

"Te-hee, I'm so glad to have such a kind master."

"Oh be quiet, just hurry up and go to sleep. I'm turning off the lights." 

"I can see well in the dark also, so it's really no big deal.~"

It's not like I can get used to her being a Serabrae in a day. Nor do I even know who she really is, some information on Serabraes remain a complete mystery. No doubt people would start interrogating us on a daily basis.

"Good night, Kiro.~" 

She smiles as she shut her eyes.

I guess even she must have been exhausted. Even as the lights are out, moonlight seems to find its way into the bedroom. Which emits a surreal feeling. With her eyes shut firmly, her facial muscles seemed relaxed, at peace. With deep breaths, her chest rises and falls before long. It's almost as though she's a completely different person. I even anticipate her reopening her eyes, only to witness me observing her. But not even the slightest movement appears. I might even admit that I'm captivated by this side of her.

Rolling onto my other side, I close my eyes.

...

With the following day arriving, I wake up to see Reiguma towering over me, I almost had a heart attack. With her two sharp gleaming teeth before me, I thought I was her next meal.

"Don't ever do that again, Reiguma."

I order her as I finish off my morning routines.

Not a word emits from her sealed lips, but she giggles instead. Moving into the dining room, I plan to cook breakfast. Which only results in Reiguma being quite active. There's so many things about her that remains unknown to me, as a person and as a Serabrae second. There's not much difference between the two. Just like Elves, their appearance differ only a little. But their knowledge far surpass us.

"-------Humans fear what they do not understand."

At first, I didn't quite get the meaning behind it. But slowly, I'm beginning to realize. Ever since I communicated with both Servalewi and Reiguma, it became clearer to me. It makes me wander if I'll ever come to understand them.

However, there's no reason to dive headstrong. She's to be with me, whether I like it or not. I created her, and there's nothing more shameful than abandoning your partner. Putting up with her actions and comments are just the beginning.