Chapter Six.

Abigail's P.O.V

Waking up to girls giggling was annoying as shit "Abby you've got an admirer" I sat up and rubbed my eyes to see a box at the bottom of my bed "what the fuck?" I lifted the card and read it 'thought you could use these - Neville' I frown and open it to see some books, my favourite muggle author as well, then next to them was a box of cauldron cakes.

"Aw that's sweet!" Angelina takes the card to read it and smiles "aw Neville is such a sweetheart" I nod and put the books on my shelf then I put the cauldron cakes in my sweet stash before getting ready for the day.

I smoothed out my hair before pulling half of it up into a ponytail leaving the underneath down "I wish my hair was like yours" complains Alicia, I smile "do a few that can be brushed out and see how it looks, mine have to be cut out when I don't want them" Alicia nods and I slip my feet into a pair of black ankle boots.

Leaving the dorms I decided to skip breakfast and go sit by the black lake before Potions. Sitting down I cross my legs and stare out at the black lake, when the water bubbled, curiously I got to the edge and a head popped out causing me to scream "please don't be scared" the head spoke.

I crawled back over and inspected the head "your not part of the merfolk species?" He shook his head "no I am a mermaid and I come to deliver a message" I frown "Sirius Black is on his way to the castle, but he isn't as bad as everyone thinks, give him time to explain" with that he disappeared and I got up heading to potions.

Not as bad as everyone thinks? I shrugged it off and began my walk down to the dungeons, once down there I rolled my eyes as Malfoy wolf whistled "nice legs Abigail!" I flipped him off.

Fred and George threw there arms over my shoulder "her eyes are up here Malfoy!" They shout as George motioned to my face, we walk into the potions classroom and I sat up front like usual, you see I'm short sighted, so if I'm too far back I can't read the board.

Fred and George stay at the back and Angelina and Katie sit beside me.

"Right nitwits, today we will be brewing draught of the living dead, no rooms for mistakes or it could end up badly!" Snape strolls to the front and stands behind his desk. I roll my eyes and open my book.

These things are useless, heating the water in my cauldron I began crushing 13 soporphorus beans and squeezing the juices into my cauldron, Angelina and Katie looked at me like I was crazy.

I add African sea salt to a beaker of water and set it aside before adding wormwood and powdered root of asphodel.

I tip the African sea salt and water into my cauldron and then add three valerian roots and let it simmer.

I sat back as it simmered and someone coughed behind me, looking up I see up Professor Snape's nostrils, pulling a face I sat up "can I help you?" He snorts "I was just wondering why you aren't working!" He bellowed, I chuckled.

"That's because I've finished!" He walks around the desk and peers inside of my cauldron. With a sneer he plucks a leaf from his pocket "shall we test it, step back please" Me, Angelina and Katie stepped back as he dropped it in, the leaf just dissipated.

"Twenty points to Gryffindor, at least one student can brew a perfect rendition of the draught" with that he walks away and dismisses us.

I collect my stuff before getting up to leave "Miss Weasley a word please" I turn on my heels and walk back to his desk "yes?" He sneers "how did you perfect that draught?" I shrug "I just specialise in potion making Professor" he nods with a raised eyebrow.

"Are you considering it for a profession?" I nod "I am, Professor Mcgonagall is talking to me later about my job options later in our career meeting" he nods "it's a good idea, you'd be an ideal Potions Mistress" I raise an eyebrow and turn on my heels.

"Was that almost a complement Professor? Anywho I must be off to my meeting" with that I walked out and began my trip to Mcgonagall's office.

Once up there I gave a swift knock and waited for a answer, the door opened and Professor Mcgonagall smiled "come in dear!" I walk inside and shut the door before taking a seat.

"I have invited someone to our meeting I hope that's okay?" I nod "oh sure!" I cross my legs and wait until the door opens and shuts to reveal Professor Snape.

I roll my eyes and Mcgonagall laughs quietly to herself, with a sweet smile we begin.

"So you want to either be an Auror or a Potions Mistress?" I nod "yes, but ideally I'd prefer Potions Mistress" Professor Mcgongall looked to Professor Snape and he cleared his throat.

"I have agreed to tutor you further even though I see no need for it as you are an exceptional student Miss Weasley, but Professor Mcgongall says it is needed, are you up to the idea of extra tutoring?" I sit up with wide eyes.

With a nod I smile "further tutoring is kinda what I've been hinting at the past few weeks Professor Snape, I may be good but I want to be brilliant, I don't settle for second best" he nods "you're just like your mother-" I wondered what he was on about, my mum, Molly settled for whatever was good.

Professor Mcgonagall gave him a look and he shut up immediately "it is settled you will receive further lessons throughout the week, after supper, three a week should do" I nod and Professor Snape stood up "is that all?" Professor Mcgonagall nodded and I grabbed my bag and got up "thank you both" with that said I left the room.

That was strange..

Skipping down to the great hall, Angelina waved me over. Sitting down between her and Katie I smiled "so are you excited for the Quidditch match tomorrow?" I nodded "yes, I'm so excited I know we will kick Hufflepuff's arse" someone placed there hands on my shoulder "oh is that so Miss Weasley" I rolled my eyes "shove off Cedric you know I'm a faster flyer then you" he chuckles and kissed my cheek "I will never admit that, we are both fast flyers"

I nodded "hmm oh yeah whatever you say" he shakes his head and walks over to his table, Cho Chang proceeded to give me dirty looks.

"I think that girl hates me" Angelina looked up from her plate "which one, there's a few" I playfully punched her "Cho" Angelina nods "oh yah, that's because you stole her man" I roll my eyes and began to eat.

"Don't start with that crap again" the girls giggle and Cedric winked form the table over, blushing i looked down at her plate and ate my food. damn Cedric!

Once I had finished my food, I got up grabbing my bag and left the Great Hall, soon bumping into Cedric "want me to walk you back to your common room?" I nod "sure why not" Cedric smiled.

It's strange how me and Cedric worked out, First year to second year we dated like little kids, then third year we split up and he got with Cho, now in fifth year me and Cedric where together again, but this time we are sure nothing will tears us apart.

After getting to Gryffindor tower, I said goodnight and quite literally turned in for the night, I was so tired and I had to be up early, be awake and vigilant for the Quidditch match tomorrow, especially if we wanted to win.