Chapter One.

Abigail ran around the body of her mother curiously "Mummy won't you wake up please!" She rubbed her eyes tiredly and her little feet were black from running around the dusty house barefoot.

Small tears rolled down her pale chubby cheeks, she bunched her tiny hands into her dusty dress "Mummy...I'm tired and hungry" she wailed.

Well that was until a noise sounded outside "mummy I think the men are back" she sat down and took her mums cold hand in her tiny one as the door opened.

But the scary men from earlier didn't come inside, it was a man in a funny purple costume, he had half moon glasses, long white hair and a long white beard .

She looked up at him curiously "Mummy won't wake up" the old man frowned a tear forming in his own eye "come on child, I'll keep you safe" Abigail got up and plodded over to the man.

"Pinky promise?" She held up her tiny pinky and the man smiled "pinky promise" he spoke softly as he gently wrapped his longer pinky around hers.

He scooped the girl up and she buried her head in his shoulder "you're Albus Dumbledore aren't you?" He looked at her "how did you know my name?" Her eyes glistened "I just know" he nods and leaves the house.

Albus Dumbledore told the small girl to hold on as he apparated to a house he knew would be able to take care of her, he stood outside of a crooked house in the centre of cornfields.

He walked up and knocked on the door, a heavily pregnant Molly Weasley opened it "oh Albus do come in...oh who's the little girl?" Molly glanced at the sleeping child but moved aside letting Albus in.

"She is unfortunately an orphan" Molly's eyes glistened "how? She's so young? And why is she so grubby?" Albus frowned and rubbed the little girls back as she stirred in her sleep.

"Her father was Regulus Black" Molly nods "but he was murdered two years ago Albus" Albus nods "her mother was still living, on the run of course, but auror's informed me there was an underage child in a house" Molly rubbed the tears away.

"I got there and she was trying to wake her mother up" that was it for Molly she started to cry "poor child, lost her father before she could even know him and now her mothers gone too" Albus nods.

"I don't suppose you've got room for another Molly?" Just then Arthur Weasley stepped out of the fireplace "ah Albus, what pleasure do we oh-" his face sunk as he saw the small girl asleep on Albus.

"We can take another Albus, she'll be safe and well looked after here" Arthur nodded in agreement with his wife "plus I'm sure she'll get along with Fred and George just fine"

The small child stirred and lifted her head "Mister Albus I'm hungry" she yawned and Molly smiled lovingly at the child as she turned in Albus' arms.

"You're Weasley Senior and that's your wife Molly" the adults gasped "how?" Albus just grinned and his blue eyes sparkled beneath his glasses.

"Abigail...Mr and Mrs Weasley are going to take care of you now, they'll love you and look after you" Abigail nodded with a tired toothy smile "okay"

"I'll fix her something to eat" spoke Molly as she got up, curiously Abigail slid down from Albus and walked over to Arthur "you are very tall" Arthur smiled and picked her up causing her to giggle "I think it will be nice having another girl around"

With a many thanks Albus left leaving Abigail in good hands. Of course two mischievous boys giggled at the top of the stairs watching the little girl.

"I guess my mummy isn't coming back?" Abigail looked up at Molly with big eyes "no dear she isn't, she just went to sleep and didn't wake up" Abigail nods "they came in the night a few days ago" Arthur sat down with Abigail on his knee.

"They sent a spell at mummy and she screamed out in pain" the small girl looked as if she was in a daze "then they sent a green spell at her and she stopped" Molly began to cry again and Arthur cuddled the small girl close "nobody will ever hurt you, okay Abby?" Abigail looked up and nodded "Pinky promise" she held up her pinky and Arthur wrapped his large pinky around hers gently "pinky promise"

Arthur picked up Abigail and sat her at the table were Molly had placed the food she had prepared, the young child yawned and began to eat politely "this is nice" exclaimed the child and Molly smiled "good! Eat it all up dear and we shall bath you and bed" Abigail nodded and continued to eat.

Arthur and Molly walked into the living room "I'll go put another room in" Molly nods and Arthur hugs the ginger woman "we'll be okay Molly, you've done a good thing taking in Abigail, she needed a home and a loving family what's better then ours?" Molly nodded in agreement.

Arthur wondered upstairs to add the additional room and Abigail walked over to Molly with a yawn and rubbing her eyes "I'm sleepy" the child yawned.

Molly smiled and picked her up "bath and then bed?" Abigail nodded and Molly carried her into the bathroom.

She sat Abigail on the toilet seat while she ran a nice warm bath with lots of bubbles, Abigail began pulling her dress off, after all that's all she had on.

Molly turned and lifted the infant into the bath and Abigail seemed to relax as her small body touched the warm water.

"So Abigail are you okay staying with me and Arthur?" The infant nodded "yes, it'll be fun" she giggles and splashes gently in the water.

Molly smiled and Arthur popped his head around the door "I've done the room" with that he left Molly and the infant.

Abigail giggles as Molly rubbed shampoo gently into he hair and then washed it out "splish splash" she murmured as Molly continued to wash her hair.

"Do you have children?" Abigail asked and Molly nodded "I have five boys" Abigail grinned "what's there names?"

"Well we have William he is the oldest, then we have Charlie, then Percy, lastly  Fred and George there twins" Abigail nods "will they like me?" She whispered.

Molly grinned "oh absolutely!"

After Abigail was all clean Molly used magic to make her a sleeping gown "we will go to Diagon alley tomorrow and get you some clothes" the little girl nodded and Molly laid her down in bed.

The room was simple but cute, exactly what a little girl would love, pink walls, a magical ceiling that had a galaxy charmed to move around, a small white bed with cream flowery sheets.

Abigail snuggled down into the covers and Molly kissed her forehead "sweet dreams Abigail" the infant smiled up at her and closed her eyes as Molly left the room.