Chapter 37 - "A Horny Alpha, Closed Doors & Poor Lil' Me In The Same Equation."

Start from the beginning

"Key-ren-what?" I ask, perplexed.

"It's not 'Key-ren-hap'. It's 'Krey-n-ahp'," She corrects with a frown, pursing her lips together:

I grin. "Getting defensive, already?"

"What!?" Her cheeks go beet red, "No!" She hurries to exclaim, making me burst out laughing.

"'Tis okay, Nic." I pay her back, "We all pass that stage before we fall into the paradise that we call 'love'," I say in a dreamy voice, envisioning Seneca in all her glory when I say 'love', She simply shakes her head in response, coming to a stop in front of her class.

I halt a few steps away from her, taking a glance at my antique digital watch. Now that I've started working, I should buy myself a watch.

Don't ask me about my time with Seneca every evening in her office.

You know very well what might be happening when you put a horny Alpha Mate, poor little me and closed doors in the same equation.

Off topic, Micajah.

Okay, back to the situation, Nicole is 10 minutes early.

Might as well say it then.

"I'm getting married," I announce suddenly, making Nicole—who is fiddling with the strap of her backpack freeze.

"Sorry? I thought I heard something?" She says, looking confused.

"I'm engaged to Seneca. I asked her out."

She stares at me in shock, her mouth opening and closing as she struggles to take in my words. I spread my hands in a symbol of 'what', but she just glances at me, and then glances away.

She finally looks at me, "Who are you?" She asks in all seriousness, not a bit of humor in her tone.

"Um, I'm Micajah?"

"I mean, is it really you?"

"Uh..."

"Oh, my Goddess! It's really you! I can't believe you're getting married!" Nicole almost screams and then throws her arms around me in a bear hug.

I laugh, "I know right, even I can't believe it." I remark, patting her back as I return her hug.

She pulls back, looking at me suddenly with hope, "Can I be your best man?"

I laugh once again, and after many days, I feel like everything's perfect and back to its place in my messed up life.

• • •

"Hey, Red." I clasp both her hands in mine as I lean forward and place a kiss on her lips, aware of all the eyes in the parking lot.

"Um, hi." She blushes slightly, pulling back as she looks up at me with an expression I can only name as shyness.

What can I say? Today is full of shocks.

"Please, darling. The shy look doesn't suit you at all. You rock the dominant Alpha thing way better," I can't help but tease, as I peck her lips once again.

She glowers playfully, all traces of shyness vanishing in a second. "Oh yeah?" She cocks a brow and grabs me by the arm suddenly, pushing me against the side of her car. She steps forward, letting her full body drape against me as she wraps both hands around my neck, shoving her fingers into my hair as she pulls me down and places a hard kiss on my lips.

When she pulls back, she leaves me breathless.

"Whoa,"

She smirks, looking satisfied. "Liked the show?"