Silent Operator: Outtake | The Accomplice (Part 2.2)

Yay! Thank you all for your comments, they amused me to no end. Just a short chapter that I wasn't able to include last night.

Song is still "Something There" and nothing has changed, this is still FICTION.

---

In Which Someone Guessed

Lumiere: Well, who'd have thought?

Mrs Potts: Well, bless my soul

Cogsworth: Well, who'd have known?

Mrs Potts: Well, who indeed?

Lumiere: And who'd have guessed they'd come together on their own?

Mrs Potts: It's so peculiar.

All three: We'll wait and see
A few days more
There may be something there that wasn't there before

"Maine!" The woman turned around to see a familiar face waving at her.

"Jake! Hello, long time no see." The man gave Maine, Pat and his wife a buss when he reached them, and of course a firm hand shake to the men.

"Where's the birthday girl?"

"Ayun, nasa taas pa, taking photos with R3." Pat answered. They continued to chit-chat with each other but he can feel a tension in the air. It's been decades really, but the tension still remains.

He can see RJ with a protective arm around his wife, looking tensed. Sam seemed to have noticed it too.

"Excuse me lang guys ha. Je, can you join me please, may favor lang ako." His friend gave him a meaningful look and they both walked away from the group.

"Lagot tayo nito. Nakita mo si Papi?"

"Oo naman. Boy Bakod mode na naman. Ilang dekada na hindi pa rin naka-move on."

"Hinding-hindi yan makaka-move on. Kahit ako, kahit wala pa kong nakikitang ginagawa ng anak nyan, hindi rin ako makamove-on."

"Ayan! Ganyan kayong dalawa eh, tingnan lang natin ang karma nyo."

"Nakuha na ni Paps yung karma nya kay Baste. But anyway, kailangan natin to bantayan. Ayoko magkagulo dito sa birthday ni Sab. Can you look out for him?"

"Ako? Hindi ko maawat yan! Between the two of us, you're the only one who can rein him in."

"But I can't. Kailangan ko bantayan yung anak, at punong abala pa ako sa party na to."

"Kaya nga escort si Tres di ba?"

"Alam ko, but better safe than sorry."

"Ganito na lang, babantayan ko yung anak, bantayan mo yung ama, at si RJ."

"Deal. Yung anak ko Napoles ha?!"

"Oo! I got you. Don't worry."

In all fairness sa watchdog nitong si Papi Sam na si R3, ganap naman ang role nya. He's a perfect gentleman katulad ng ama nya. Must have been trained very well by Maine. Minsan lang attentive ang batang yan, and only to a few people, which is why I'm proud of him for getting out of his shell tonight. Para tuloy silang dalawa ni Sabrina ang nag-bloom tonight.

Of course, I was all eyes at the younger Ejercito while he was dancing with Sab. This kid is a flirt, I can see that. Hindi maikakaila sa angkan na pinagmulan. I noticed that he was looking at the sidelines all the while, with a smug look on his face. Going the same direction as where the kid was looking, I noticed his attention was on Tres. As if daring him. At ito naming anak ni Paps, mukhang uusok na ang tenga. Wala naman akong alam na magkaaway itong dalawang to. They're not necessarily friends, but they're not enemies either.

Finally, I can rest easy. Tapos na yung dance with Ejercito. Si R3 na, wala naman akong kailangan bantayan dito. I can just relax and enjoy the night.

He took the other flowers from her probably to free her. Mahirap nga naman hawakan ang ganon karami. They were talking comfortably while dancing, Tres never taking his eyes off her. They laughed a little, then he twirled her to her delight. A dramatic dip followed. You can see the joy in Sabrina's face, ngayon lang sya nangiti ng ganyan the whole night. And Tres...

Tres is looking at her as if she's the only one in the room.

Teka lang...

This scene looks oddly familiar.

I feel like I've seen this before.

Live.

But with a different couple.

In a place much, much bigger than this.

More than 20 years ago.

Patay.

Karma is knocking at your door, Gogna.

And the bad news is, you gave him full access.

Cogsworth: You know, perhaps there's something there that wasn't there before

Mrs Potts: There may be something there that wasn't there before

---

I've always planned it in my head na si Napoles ang makakadiscover. But he will not tell Sam. Friendship be damned. 

Because... the fall out would be worth it. Hahaha!