Chapter 23

*so it has been almost a year since I updated! Sorry lol I wish I had a better excuse than my job was sucking the life out of my but hey, I quit so here is an update!!!! Please leave a review bc I wanna know what yall think. Thanks for sticking with me if youre reading this, a year later. You guys are the best.*

The soft sounds the water makes as it hits the shiny white bottom of the bathtub are reassuring, reminiscent of raindrops spattering against sidewalk. For such a nice hotel, you would expect better water pressure. But that doesn't matter. The shower spray hits against my chest, dripping down the curves of my skin.

I'm in a total state of bliss, as relaxed as I have been in years. The water is warm, Luke's chest against my back is familiar, and his hands washing my hair for me are rubbing away all my stress. The smell of my shampoo lingers around us, mixing easily in the steam with the scent of Luke's cologne washing away. Its intoxicating, invigorating, and feels like home. Falling backwards, my head hits his chest, resting easily against the familiar planes. It is as easy as breathing, this thing we have here.

"Mmmmmmmm," a noise of contentment slides out of my throat.

A gentle laugh rumbles in the man behind me. "Enjoying this?"

"Grow your hair out and then tell me having someone else wash it isn't better than sex," I mumble, not even bothering to open my eyes.

"My hands are magic either way." I can feel the stupid grin on Luke's face without even having to look behind me.

"Don't ruin this."

There's a moment of silence, just the sound of suds dripping from my hair. Comforting, I let the silence be. It is a moment just for us.

"Turn around," Luke instructs, gently turning me so I'm facing him, the water hitting the back of my head, washing away the bubbles.

For a second, I just look up at him, meeting his eyes, the same tingle of electricity there was when we first locked eyes racing up my spine. A dopey smile splits his face, softening his eyes.

"What?" I ask, a smile joining on my face too, just because he's cute.

"You look absolutely ridiculous," Luke laughs, pulling a strand of shampooed hair down in front of my eyes, "like an adorable drowned rat."

I flick the hair out of my eyes, making sure it whips his shoulder as it goes. "Suck a dick, Luke."

His full, deep laugh echoes around the shower that probably wasn't made with two in mind, thick eyebrows wriggling up and down his face, a suggestive gleam in his eyes.

A blush breaks out over my face, the memory of what exactly I just did filling my brain and making my cheeks hot. My head falls forward, thudding against him, my face slipping against his wet skin.

"Oh, sweetheart. So young, so innocent." Luke pulls my head up, working his big hands through my hair, washing away the bubbles. He has such a look of concentration on his face, hair wet and sticking to his forehead, the same way it does after an intense performance. The same concentration he applies to a hard riff is being used to rinse my hair right now.

Snorting, I tilt my head back, letting the water wash away the shampoo. "Not so innocent."

"Believe me, I'm aware." The low timber of Luke's voice sends flashes of fire down my spine, and I feel like his eyes are slowly lighting me up. There is no awkwardness between us, naked and bare in front of each other, just a magnetism that draws me toward him, fucking with my head. My eyes flick down to his mouth, to the bead of water sliding down his cupid's bow, about to tumble over his lips. I know he saw where my eyes went, and it feels like the water just got 10 degrees hotter.