Chapter 2- My lady?

My body quaked with never ending shudders and I turned myself over on the silk covered bed. I fought to escape a petrifying dream that was all too familiar. It was the same one as the night before and once again, sweat drenched my body. The only difference in my dream was this time, I did not have the luck of an alarm clock to rouse me from my slumber. In stages I worked myself towards a hypnopompic state until, finally, I rose myself from the entanglement of sheets that was wrapped around my torso.

My strained eyes surveyed the surroundings, noticing the lavishly decorated bedroom that I was placed in. To the far side of the room was a grand window that was bordered with large swags and tails. The room was decorated in different shades of burgundy which gave the room an eerie, yet elegant, appearance. That, however, did not stop the beauty of room to be lessened in the slightest. If anything it enhanced the beauty. I went back to observing the large window and noticed that it almost took up the entirety of the wall. The darkly shaded curtains emphasised the view of the most beautiful garden I had ever seen. I found myself swinging my legs off the side of the four post, king sized, bed and placing my feet on the soft carpet. I made sure to make my footsteps feather soft, for fears of my captors made itself known once again.

Nevertheless, I drifted towards the window swiftly. The gardens beauty was compelling, and the cheery sound of birds and other assortments of welcoming sounds met my ears. This place was enchanting and it was almost terrifying at how drawn I was to this place. I felt whole, for the first time in a while. I was connected to this place. Almost as if it was out of my own will, my hand drifted to unlatch the window and all too quickly I opened the window. The sudden gust of wind pushed me back, pulling me out of my trance and for the first time, I noticed how far my room was from the ground.

A loud gasp sounded behind me and I found myself whirling around to meet the sound. Before me stood a youthful lady, she could be no older than me by a few years, perhaps late teens or early twenties. Her skin glowed brightly as her deep tan was enhanced by the burgundy surroundings. She wore a loose fitted dress that hung awkwardly at her mid knee but it did little to conceal her womanly curves. Her hair was matted and pulled backwards into a clumsy up-do, pins hanging out noticeably. She wore off-white gloves that were yellowed with stains, they were obviously well worked and had been through many cycles of the washing. I noticed her frazzled and worried expression directed at me before she looked down quickly. It seemed fearful, a look I would have given my parents when I misbehaved as a child.

“I-I beg your pardon my lady,” Her voice was barley above a whisper and it strained my ears to pick out what she was saying. “ I was under strict orders t-to have you bathed and ready for the...” She seemed to have frozen but she took a deep, steadying breath. “Princes” She said it with such fear that I was too taken back to protest. She glanced upwards and she looked doleful, tears clearly glistening in her eyes. I was defiant by nature but I couldn't bring myself object for fears of her safety.

“Princes?” my voice lacked the confident facade it usually possessed around strangers and the subtle tremor in my voice gave away my fear.

“I-I was ordered not to reveal anything, m-my lady.” she stuttered once again and I stepped towards her. She flinched obviously and I was stricken by grief. I could never bring myself to harm someone so innocent in appearance, unless I was aggravated severely.

I nodded simply, my gaze downward to the dark ground. She took my hand cautiously and led me to one of the two doors. My eyes were blinded by the contrasting white of the room, to the darkness bedroom. Every surface seemed to expel a glistening shine, everything was polished to perfection and I noticed a large, spa like bath placed in the centre of the room. The shower head hung from the celling, above the bath. It was already filled and foaming bubbles threatened to spill over the sides.