Chap. 7 The people we 'love'

*Flashback*
"What will we do?! She can't live among us, the other Gods will kill her!" "Athos I have plans for her, trust me she'll be safe in the human world, she's a werewolf and the daughter of two Gods, she will bring peace again to the four colonies, she will be our saviour."
*Flash back over*

Marina's POV

I feel awful. Like when you get a cramp in your lower leg but I feel it in my entire body. And I can hear voices in my head, oh my god I've gone insane! Where am I anyway? My eyes flutter open on cue but everything is blurry. I feel like I've  been hit by a truck and that's an understatement! I tried to sit up but winced when I rolled my neck side to side. My vision came back and a very very very nice room came into view. I was lying on a huge king size bed with black sheets and a really comfy black headboard, there was a beautiful mahogany desk in one corner and a loveseat by a bay window. The walls were grey which is my favourite colour and there was a beautiful chandelier hanging from the middle of the ceiling. There was three doors, one for bathroom one to get out and the third I'm guessing a walk-in wardrobe. My suspicions were confirmed when I cautiously stood up from the bed and walked into it, there was men's clothes one side and the other side was empty, hmm I wonder why? Anyway I grabbed a t-shirt from the mans side and put it on considering I was wearing my clothes from yesterday I needed to change into something clean, it came to mid thigh so it was okay. I began to walk to the doorknob when my steps faltered a bit, yesterday, yesterday? YESTERDAY?! Oh my god I remember now, the hospital, me attempting and succeeding to escape *note the sarcasm* and there was something else, I'm missing something! "He marked me" I whispered. My tears were streaming down my cheeks at this stage, I can't believe he marked me, what kind of mate marks you without your consent? 'The alpha King that's who!" My subconscious screamed in my head. And I was mated to him, the man who was selfish enough to mark his mate without asking, the man who marked me and isn't even here to see me because let me tell you, it isn't a walk in the park, and now I realise the voices, he opened me up to the pack link. Just then a very happy looking girl burst through the door. She had dark brown hair and blue eyes, she was very tanned and was quite tall, she seemed about my age. "Thank god your finally awake! Eek!! I'm Sofia, Darius' sister." My face fell at her words, just for a minute I hoped this was all a sick joke and my bite was just makeup, but no Sofia confirmed it, I was living with him in his house and with his family, I bet he told them I came willingly, jerk. "I'm so happy your my brothers mate, you're so pretty and tall and you have the nicest-" " I'm not his mate!" I said matter of factly. Her face dropped and before she could reply a very angry looking Darius came striding into his room.
"SOFIA LEAVE" Darius shouted. She scurried out the door without even a second glance. Now I'm stuck with him. He took one step forward and I took one step back, we continued this until my back came into contact with the cold wall. He put his two hands on either side of me, so I was trapped. He buried his head into the crook of my neck and inhaled my scent, he growled lowly in approval. "When are you gonna get it into your thick skull that you are MY MATE?!" I looked at him in shock, obviously I was expecting the big bad alpha at some point but I didn't think he would be this ferocious. I looked at anything but him, for the first time in my life I was truly scared. "You should be scared kitten." He whispered in my ear. I was now shaking from the fear and I still refused to look at him. "Look at me." I couldn't. I simply couldn't gather the courage, it's like I was frozen and couldn't move or when you get caught doing something you shouldn't and you just stop. Darius grabbed my chin roughly in his hands and forced me to look at him. I was shocked by what I saw. Rejection. Anger. Worry. All swirling around in his beautiful blue eyes. He brought his other hand up slowly, and on instinct I flinched. He was surprised by my action and immediately dropped his hands from my face. "You thought I-I was going to hit you?" The sadness swept through his voice in waves when they crash on the shore. "I would never hurt you Marina, I-I love you, you don't hurt the person you love" With those words he uttered I completely broke, the floodgates were open and I released every drop they gave me. I ran to the bathroom and locked the door behind me before Darius could barge in. "It's always the people you love who hurt you" I whispered to myself.
----------------------------------------------
Thanks to everyone who's reading and voting. Hope you enjoy!
-R