Chapter 2

Mrs. Mendes called my mum about an hour ago saying that they would be coming over for dinner tonight- which is why I had been told to change into 'something nice'.

The phone call was quite a bit longer than a simple "Yes tonight for dinner sounds great." "Okay I'll see you all later." type of call. They seemed to be having a serious conversation but since I could only half-hear one side of the conversation, all I gathered was "I hope they'll be happy" ...Whatever that meant.

There was a knock on the door and I answered it with a smile. Shawn and Mr and Mrs.Mendes walked in.

"Where's Aaliyah?" I asked.

"She's having a sleepover at a friends house tonight." Replied Mr. Mendes.

"Oh okay." I replied, closing the door.

"Dinners almost ready!" Shouted my mum from the kitchen.

"Don't you rush yourself, take as long as you need." Said Mrs.Mendes

The three of them took off their coats and put them each on a hook that was in the hall.

About ten minutes later we were all sitting down eating our dinner at the table. Throughout the whole dinner everyone was relatively quiet which I thought was strange.

When everyone was finished my mum and I cleared the plates. Then we brought out the dessert and sat back down.

I had a slice of chocolate cake and it was just so nice that I couldn't not have another slice. When I sat back down with my second slice on my plate I saw Shawn take a glance at me and silently chuckle to himself. When I was about halfway through the slice of cake my mum spoke up.

"So, Katie. Your father and I have decided that it's about time for you to start settling down and having kids."

I choked on my cake and quickly took a gulp of my drink. Beside me Shawn was trying not to laugh which made his mum give him a look which instantly made him stop.

"What?!?" I replied, shocked. "Can we at least have this conversation at another time?" I asked, which made Shawn's mum speak up.

"Well sweetie we're all having this conversation right now because between your parents and Manny and I, we've organised an arranged marriage for you and Shawn."

This made Shawn spit out his drink and start coughing.

"Why do you think you can make us do that." I said to my parents

"This is our decision, you two are getting married whether you agree with it or not." Said my dad sternly.

"We've bought a house a few blocks down for the two of you to move into within the week, where you'll be able to start a family after the wedding." Mr.Mendes spoke up.

"You can't make her move into a house with a man she hasn't talked to in years and expect her to have kids with him." Said Shawn, slamming his fists on the table then standing up.

"But we know you'll take good care of her." Spoke my mother softly.

"Not the point."

"Stop it Shawn." Said Mr.Mendes angrily.

"Whatever, I can't handle all this right now. I'm going. We'll talk about this another time."

Shawn stormed out the front door, slamming it behind him which made all eyes turn to me. I finally started tearing up and quickly stood up and ran off to my room, locking the door behind me.

I can't believe they would actually arrange a marriage for me. How cruel can they get?

~~~~~~~~~~

Ooh so Shawn and Katie were just told about the arranged marriage...What do you guys think?

Don't forget to comment, vote and share❤️